Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty

Rayne Ran down the stairs of their house and made her way to the front door, she grabbed the door knob and opened it “Hey you guys are early” She said smiling at Kane and his mate who was holding her daughter.

“Yeah sorry, hope that’s ok”

“Yeah it’s fine, please come in” She said stepping away from the door and allowing them to entre. “Liam is just changing Hailey he will be down shortly.”

Kane and his mate followed Rayne into the long room, they sat down on one of the tow seater couch, Page sat Ivy down on the ground in front of her. “You have a lovely home” She said to Rayne.

“Thanks,” She said smiling.

Liam walked into the room carrying Hailey. He walked over to the large soft blanket that Rayne had earlier placed on the ground and laid her down. Ivy noticed this and crawled over to the blanket.

“Ivy you be careful of the baby” Page said getting up from her seat and walking over to her daughter.

“It’s fine” Liam said, he reached behind and grabbed a small basket of baby toys that they had brought for Ivy to play with while she was here. “We got her some toys to play with.”

“You didn’t have to do that” Page said softly

“We wanted to” Rayne said “We figured we would be seeing lots of your daughter so a few toys here for her wouldn’t hurt.”

“Thank you, that’s very thoughtful of you.”

Rayne noticed that Page had s few tears in her eyes and couldn’t not help but wonder if she had ever had anyone do something like this for her before. It was only a few toys, nothing spectacular but page was acting like it was a miracle.

Liam and Page got up off the floor and made their way back over to Kane and Rayne. When they both had sat back down on the couch the started to talk about the plans for the wedding. The day was going wonderfully, Rayne and Liam had tried their best to make Page feel welcome. Kane sat their quietly most of the time just watching as his mate talked, and laughed. Rayne was in the middle of talking to Page about labour and giving birth when she looked over at Hailey and froze mid speech. Liam followed her line of sight and froze as well.

“Rayne?”

“What?” She asked snapping out of it and looking at page. A thought occurred to her and she started to panic. “Liam we need do something” She said through the mind link. ”We can’t let page see her like that.”

Liam didn’t hesitate before standing from his seat and making his way over to their daughter. “I said do you plan on having any more children?” Page asked.

“Er, yeah” Rayne said frowning. She was a little confused, her mother never once said that this would happen so early. Her daughter was only a little over a week old. “We plan on having a big family, five maybe.”

“Wow” Page said shocked by the number.

“Yeah” Rayne said a little distracted as she could see Liam picking up their daughter from the corner of her eye. “How about you.”

“Oh, me?” She asked

“Yeah, surly you want more than one?”

Page smiled “I wouldn’t mind having a boy”

Rayne nodded “Yeah one of each would be nice.”

“Kitty!” Ivy said clapping her hands, while looking at Liam who was now trying to wrap a blanket around their daughter who had shifted into her lion form.