Epilogue

Epilogue

It took two weeks to clean up after the hunters had been killed, two weeks of collecting the deceased and shifting them to be buried. The Crystal Lake pack had lost a lot of pack members that day. Twenty five in total, AJ was among those numbers as well as Lucy, Rose had passed away two days later, her wounds were so critical that they were surprised she had lasted that long. If her would had not taken full control of her they didn't think she would have lasted.

Luke had died a week later, even though he was not injured. The pack put it down to him dying of a broken heart. Even though Lucy was not his mate, she was the love of his life. He did manage to say a few words through the pack link. He kept repeating that she had died saving him, that she took a bullet that was meant for him. When they buried his body they made sure to place his grave beside Lucy, who had been placed beside her mate's grave.

Rayne walked around the pack house and looked at all the glum looks on everyone’s faces. They were morning the loss of their Alpha and Alpha female as well as the loss of their fellow pack members who had perished.

She looked over at Kane who stood there with his arm around Page and Ivy. She was pleased to see that after everything that had happened Page had forgiven Kane and even accepted him as being a wolf. They still hadn’t mated but Rayne knew that it was just a matter of time. Kane did not take the death of his parents well, he told Rayne that he blamed him self for his mothers death because he had left her their injured when he had taken Page and Ivy away from the fight. Rayne was grateful that Page was here for him, she did not think that he would be able to handle dealing with the loss of his parents on his own.

Jesse and Tori were still at the Mountain Ridge pack. Her parents were now having second thoughts about letting her leave. With their Uncle AJ now gone, Kane was Alpha of the pack so Jesse really should have been there with them helping the pack deal with everything. But he refused to leave his mate’s side forcing Kane to take away his Beta title. Rayne was a little saddened when Kane told her what he was going to do. The Beta title was her father’s and rightfully Jesse’s position. But she understood where Kane was coming from. She expected him to choose one of his friends for the position. So she was shocked when he asked her if she would be his Beta. After the shock had worn off and she realized he wasn’t joking she gladly accepted the position. Proud that it would stay in her family.

Her grandparents walked into the room and made their way over to Kane. They had decided to move back to the pack house, so her grandfather Aaron could help Kane take over as Alpha and also so they could help her father deal with the loss of his twin brother. Cole has been locked in his room for almost the entire two weeks, only coming out when his wolf no longer could stand being in there and needed a run.

Rayne was worried that her father would end up like Luke did, dying of a broken heart. Her mother was doing the best she could to help him get through this, but even she has days where she doubts that he will survive.

“Rayne.” She turned her head and looked at Danny who was standing behind her. “The results are back,” he told her.

“Ok,” she said nodding her head. “I will just go find Liam and Hailey and meet you in the medical room.”

“Ok,” he said. “I will just go and see Maria while you find them.”

She smiled at him. She was so glad that Maria had found her true mate. Now her mother would leave her alone and stop with trying to set her up with any available man she would come across. Even though Maria had been shot during the hunters attack. Danny was able to save her life. They seemed happy together. He didn’t waste any time and had marked and mated her as soon as she had healed.