Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Rayne walked down the stairs of the pack house making her way to the kitchen to grab some dinner, She thought she would have felt good after her run but she found herself feeling slightly depressed about her situation with Marcus. He didn’t want anyone to know they were mate’s so they couldn’t be together. But he still thought he had the right to tell her not to hang around Liam, and if that wasn’t bad enough he is now dating her sister so people wouldn’t get suspicious of why he didn’t date.

She had almost reached the lounge room when she heard voices come from the room. She stopped near the doorway so she could listen and see who it was.She didn't feel up to seeing anyone right now, if the voices she could hear were one of the kids from her school she was going to turn back around and go back to her room without eating.

“Oh come on Marcus why not?” She heard her sister Thia say.

“Look Thia I have already told you why, I plan to only do it with my mate. You should be doing the same thing too.” She heard her mate say.

“Oh why” She heard he sister whine “Don’t you want me? Is that it? You don’t care enough about me to want to make love with me?”

Rayne felt a stabbing pain in her heart when she realised her sister was talking about hving sex with her mate. She knew she should walk away now and not listen anymore. But something inside of her made her stay and listen.

“You know that’s not it Thia, you know I have always wanted you” Marcus said

“Then why can’t we do it then?”

She heard her mate sigh loudly “You’re right, we should.”

“Really?” She heard her sister scream while she clapped her hands. “Let’s do it tonight, you can come to my room after everyone’s asleep, say ten o’clock.”

“Yeah sure” Rayne heard her mate say.

Having had enough of him and his lies she walked into the lounge room with her head held high and made sure none of the hurt she felt showed on her face.

“Oh isn’t that sweet, you two constipating,” Rayne laughed at her own joke before continuing “I mean consummating your love” She said as she walked further into the room. She made sure to keep her eyes on Marcus so she could see his reaction when he realised she had heard him.

As expected, Marcus paled and a look of guilt crossed his face.

“What do you care freak?” She heard her sister say.

Rayne shrugged her shoulders “I don’t. In fact I think you make a lovely couple. So lovely in fact that I feel the need to go out and find myself someone special just for me.”

Rayne heard Marcus let out a growl once she had finished speaking. He tried to cover it up by coughing.

“As if anyone would want you” Thia sneered “I bet your mate would reject you, that’s how undesirable you are” She said with an evil smirk on her face.

Rayne shrugged her shoulders “So, I don’t need to be with my mate, if he were to reject me I can find anyone I want to be with. In fact I might not even wait for my mate. After all mum is on my case about helping, my own species survive. I think it be better if I just mated with someone now so I can get started on helping my species.” Rayne said all that while glaring at Marcus. She had, had enough of him and putting up with all of his crap.

She walked out of the room ignoring Thia’s taunts of nobody ever wanting her and went to the front door. She walked outside over to the tree line of the wood s and began undressing. As soon as she was naked, she shifted from her human form to her lion form and took off into the woods. She knew she had already been for a run with Sammy earlier, but after her confrontation with Thia and Marcus, Rayne felt she needed to get out and let off some more steam.