Chapter Four

Chapter Four

As soon as they were out of the classroom, Rayne turned to face Sammy. “He’s a were lion” She said through the mind link.

Sammy frowned at Rayne “How could that be possible? I thought you and your mum were the last ones?”

“Me too! That’s why I was so freaked out, what if my mum had a kid that she didn’t tell anyone about?”

Sammy snorted “Come on Rayne do you really think your mother would keep that from everyone? Or better yet do you think your mother would have given up a child that was a were lion?”

Rayne groaned “I know, it sound impossible but how is it possible he exists?” she asked Sammy.

“I don’t know Rayne, why don’t you ask him?” Sammy said nodding her head at something behind Rayne.

Rayne turned around to find Liam standing there behind her with a smirk on his lips. Rayne groaned knowing that he had heard what she had said,

“Believe me when I say, I am not your brother.”

Rayne felt herself blush “I’m sorry, I guess I’m a little freaked out. I always thought my mother and I were the last of our kind.” She admitted.

“Yeah same here” Liam said rubbing the back of his neck.

“Do you know anyone else who is a were lion?” Rayne asked softly.

“Just my parents and my sisters” He answered.

“You mean both your parents are were lions?” Rayne asked with wide eyes.

“Er….yeah?” He said “Why aren’t both yours?”

Rayne shook her head “No my dad is a werewolf.”

“Wow" Liam said with wide eyes "I have never heard of a were lion getting with a werewolf.” He said.

“He is her mate” Rayne said with a shrug

“Ahh now I get it, my parents aren’t mates. They were good friends when growing up. They fell in love and decided they weren’t going to wait until they met their mate’s” He explained.

The bell rang signalling the begging of the next class, “I have PE now, what do you have?” Rayne asked.

Liam smiled at her before looking down at his schedule. “Same, do you mind showing me where to go?” He asked.

“Sure” She said.

She looked around and noticed that Sammy had disappeared. "Traitor" She said to Sammy though the mind link.

Rayne could hear Sammy's laughter in her mind "What, he's cute Rayne" Rayne rolled her eyes at Sammy's comment and started to walk towards class.

They quickly walked down the hall in the direction of their PE class.

“So does that mean you live with a pack here since your father's a wolf?” Liam asked.

“Yeah, I live at the pack house.” She grumbled.

“You don’t sound too happy about that” Liam said.

Rayne shrugged her shoulders “I’m kind of an outcast for being different.”

“What? That’s not right!” Liam said sounding mad. “What even your parents treat you like that?”

Rayne quickly shook her head “No of course not, I meant the kids around my age. They adults don’t, they would probably punish any of the kids that treat me that way.”