LIAM'S P.O.V

Liam's POV

Liam closed the door behind Jesse "I need you to stay with Rayne and watch over her until I return" He said cutting to the chase.

"Why?" Jesse asked frowning.

"My parents have picked up Marcus's scent and I want to meet up with them to help track him down."

"Does the pack know?"

Liam shook his head "My family and I don't trust that your pack will do the right think if they did find him" He confessed.

"He kidnapped and raped my sister Liam, he is as good as dead. The pack won't let him live after doing that to Rayne"

"I'm not so sure about that" Liam confessed "And neither are my parent, that's why we are hunting him down ourselves."

Jesse let out a loud sigh "It would be better if we could all work together but I understand where you and your family are coming from. I will watch Rayne for you, don't worry I will keep her safe." He assured him.

"Thanks Jesse" Liam said walking towards the door. "Can you give me a minute alone with Rayne?" He asked.

"Sure" He said nodding his head.

Liam opened the door and looked at his mate laying there in bed. She had her eyes closed. He looked down at her uncovered arms and could see the bite marks, Marcus had put there. He felt rage start to boil in him at the thought that he had raped her three times. He couldn't wait to get out there and find him. He walked over to Rayne and sat "Hey" He said softly. Rayne opened her eyes and looked at him

"Hey" She said back.

"I have to go out for a while, but don't worry I won't be gone long and Jesse is going to stay here with you."

She frowned at him "Why where are you going?" She asked him.

"My parents have tracked down Marcus's scent, I'm going to meet up with them so I can help them......"

"Kill him" Rayne said finishing his sentence for him.

"Yeah"

She let out a loud sigh. "Be careful" She said softly "It would kill me if anything happened to you"

"Hey you don't have to worry about me, I will be careful" He said bending over and placing a soft kiss on her lips. "I will be back soon." He said before pulling away. He got up from the bed and took one last look at her before walking out of the room.

"Make sure you keep her safe" Liam growled as soon as he looked at Jesse.

"I will" Jesse said to him before walking into the medical room.

Liam didn't waste any time running down the hallway to the front door. As soon as he was out side he changed into his lion form and started running into the woods. His parents had given him details as to where they were. By the sounds of it Marcus left the Crystal lake house and instead of running away from the pack land he ran towards the pack house, his parents last report was they had tracked him to the waterfall. He picked up his pace as soon as he heard the sound of the water running. A brown wolf jumped out in front of him forcing him to stop suddenly. The wolf growled at him.

"It's ok Grandma" Cole said. Liam looked behind him and was surprised to see Rayne's father standing there. The brown wolfs growls had Liam looking back at her. "Change Liam so she can see who you are?" Cole said.

Liam shook his head at that idea, if the wolf was going to attack him he didn't want to be in his human form. "Grandma, this is Liam, Rayne's chosen mate" Cole said. "Liam this is my Grandma Lucy"