Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine

It had been over four hours since Liam had left Rayne with Jesse and she was starting to get nervous. "He should have been back by now" She said to her brother.

"I'm sure his fine Rayne, it's a shame his not a part of our pack, you would have been able to talk to him through the mind link." Jesse said.

She loud out a loud sigh. "What if something has happened to him and he is hurt?"

"Hey" He said walking over to sit next to her on the bed "He will be fine, he is a were lion and apparently you are the stronger species, if he can take on Kane and win I'm sure he will have no problem with Marcus,"

"Kane. When did Liam take on Kane?" She asked.

"While the doctor was in here with you."

"What happened?" She asked.

"Kane came to check on you and Liam lost it, threatened him, which didn't go down to well with Kane I may add. Then Kane said something that pissed Liam off" Jesse shrugged his shoulders "Next thing you know Liam had Kane by the throat against the wall."

"I bet Kane didn't like that" Rayne said softly.

"Aunt Rose came along and saved his hide"

The sound of the door opening made Rayne head shoot up, she smiled a relieved smile thinking it would be Liam. The smile dropped off her face when her Uncle AJ walked into the room.

"You need to convince you parents that leaving is a stupid idea" He said to Rayne as he walked into the room.

"Mum doesn't seem to think it's such a stupid idea, and I agree with her. The sooner we are out of her the better" Rayne told him honestly.

" It's not safe out there on your own without the protection of the pack."

Rayne scoffed "Like it's been safe here for me, I think I would rather take my chances out there"

AJ sighed "Look Rayne I am truly sorry about what has happened, I lost it when you told me about Kane, my wolf wanted to protect our son. I know it would be asking too much for you to forgive me and I understand that. But I do hope that you will at least allow me to earn your forgiveness," he said softly.

"I don't know uncle AJ if I can forgive you"

He nodded his head "That's fair enough but I hope you know that you don't need to go, the pack will stop harassing you now that they have been warned what will happen to them if they continue"

"I think it's a little too late for that Uncle AJ" Jesse said sadly.

AJ nodded his head "Yeah I guess you're right. At least think about it"

Rayne nodded her "Ok, we will think about it"

AJ gave her a sad smile before turning around and walking out of the room, closing the door softly behind him.

"Everything is so messed up" Jesse muttered.

"I know" Rayne said softly.

Suddenly feeling so drained Rayne laid down on the bed and closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

"You like that don't you baby" Mack, Marcus's wolf said as he laid himself on top of her.

"Please stop" She begged.

"Never" Mack growled.

Rayne turned her head to the side so she didn't have to see his face, she felt that he had stopped moving. "What's this?" He growled. His hands grabbed her roughly by the neck. "Who did this to you?" He screamed.