Chapter Forty Three

Chapter Forty Three

Rayne stood in front of the body length mirror and admired the long white dress she was wearing, she felt like a Greek goddess by the way the dress sat loosely on her body. Two white straps of material crossed over both of her shoulders where the only thing besides her bust holding the dress up. She couldn’t believe that the day had finally arrived. In just a few short hours she would be Mrs. Liam Pride and she couldn’t wait.

After all the drama of Liam’s mate and brother showing up in town, Rayne thought that she might have felt a bit nervous before the wedding. She was relieved when all she felt was the excitement of what was to come.

“Oh Rayne you look beautiful” her mother said as she wiped a tear that had fallen from her eye. “Absolutely beautiful. Like the angel that you are.”

“Thanks mum” She said

“Maria, Sammy I think it’s time to give Rayne her gift.”

“Gift?” Rayne asked frowning “What gift?”

“Well dear the three of us had pooled our money together and got you and Liam a little wedding present.”

“Really?” Rayne asked smiling

Sammy walked over to Rayne in her Lemon colored bridesmaid dress and handed her an envelope. She wasted no time opening it, ripping the paper to reveal the gift inside. She gasped when she noticed what it was. “Are you serious?” she squealed

“We thought three round the world tickets would be the perfect honeymoon for you both.”

“This must have cost a fortune,” she said in awe. “Thank you so much,” she said reaching for her mother and Sammy and pulling them in to a hug. She let go of both of them and walked over to Maria “Thank you, all of you,” she said hugging Maria tightly. “I can’t wait to tell Liam.”

“Yes, well no using the pack mind link,” her mother warned. “It’s bad luck.”

Rayne rolled her eyes before looking back down at the tickets in her hand. A knock on the bedroom door got everyone’s attention. “It’s just me,” Cole said. “Are you almost ready?”

Natasha walked over to the door and opened it revealing Cole standing there in a black suit. He took one look at his daughter and his eyes became moist. “You look stunning,” he told her walking into the room and taking her in his arms. “I can’t believe my little girl is getting married.”

“Dad, I’m not little anymore,” she whined.

“You will always be my little girl,” he told her before pulling back. “Well come on we better get a move on. Otherwise Liam might think you are a no show.”

They made their way down stairs and out of the pack house. Rayne had stayed there the night before so there would be no chance of Liam and her running into each other before the wedding. Cole had hired a long black Limo for them to travel to the waterfall in. It sat there waiting for them. As soon as they were all inside it took off in the direction of the waterfall.

Sammy and Maria were the first to climb out of the limo as soon as it had parked. Natasha and Cole both sat there for a moment staring at their daughter. “We are both so very proud of you Rayne,” Cole said. “You have grown into a beautiful woman, a caring mother and a devoted mate.”

“Thanks dad,” Rayne said softly blinking a few times trying to prevent the tears welling in her eyes from falling. Natasha sobbed and pulled a tissue out of her purse and blew her nose.

“Well I guess we better get going,” Cole said moving from his seat. “I have a daughter to give away.”

Rayne climbed out next, holding her long dress up from the ground not wanting to dirty it from the road. Once they got near the waterfall she would be able to let it down again as the soft grass wouldn’t ruin it.