Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

It had been seven days since Rayne had killed Marcus. She was walking back with her family to their car that was parked beside the pack house. Liam was holding her hand as they walked side by side. They had just buried her sister at the Pack graveyard near the waterfall. All of the pack members had shown up to say goodbye to Thia. They had waited a week to bury her, giving Rayne the time she needed to heal so she could attend the funeral. Even her great gran Lucy and Luke came in their wolf forms, stood at the edge of the woods, and watched Thia being buried. Her mother and Jesse took the burial hard both breaking down and crying beside her grave. She was surprised when she had looked over towards her father while one of the pack members stood up and said a few words about Thia. Her father was showing no emotion on his face at all. If Rayne didn’t know any better she would have said he didn’t even look sad to be burying his own daughter.

Her mother and father had sorted out their problems. Her mother was being stubborn and was refusing to forgive Cole, but they had a few more talks and she finally caved in and forgave him. As soon as they had made up they packed Rayne, Jesse and their things and moved out of the pack house into the pride home.

Her father had only just started talking to her Uncle a couple of days before the funeral, not all was forgiven but they were trying to patch things up. Her father was the Beta of the pack so in order for things to run smoothly he needed to at least try to get along with his brother. Despite trying to work out their relationship, Rayne’s father had taken a portion of the pack land so that Rayne and Liam’s family could build their own pack house, they decided that it would be safest for everyone, if Rayne’s family stayed apart of the crystal lake pack as well as Liam’s family joining. The Pride family as well as Rayne’s mother, who was still not speaking to her uncle AJ. Only agree to stay joined with the pack if they could have their own home built on the pack lands. None of them wanted to stay at the pack house after everything that had happened. Her Uncle AJ not having  much of a choice reluctantly agreed to them building their own house on the land

Arrangements for a new pack house for Rayne and Liam’s family was made. It will be built within the next couple of months, on the land her father had taken. It was going to be big enough for both families as well as have spare rooms if they needed it.

Rayne and Liam had decided to keep the baby she was carrying even though there was a chance that it could be Marcus’s child. Liam had convinced Rayne that it didn’t matter to him that as far as he was concerned the child was his no matter what.

Rayne had only seen her Uncle AJ a couple of times since that day in the medical room, he had continuously apologized for his actions and even begged her for forgiveness. She has not forgiven him yet but for her father’s sake she is trying. She was still hurt by the fact that when Rayne went to him with the truth about everything that had been happening to her, he didn’t believe her. She may learn to forgive him, but she doesn’t think that she will ever be able to fully trust him again.

As soon as Sammy found out about Rayne and her family building their own house on the land, Sammy tried to beg her parents to move into the new house with them, although they had said no, Sammy made Rayne promise that she can still have a room at the new house when it was built.

Kane had been trying to talk to Rayne all week and thanks to Liam he had only managed to see her a couple of times. Jesse had explained to Marcus that what Thia had been telling them about Rayne had been all lies. Kane admitted to Rayne that he felt ashamed for the way he had acted towards her and that he should never had believed what Thia had been telling them and instead should have gone and seen Rayne as soon as the lies about her started. Like with her uncle, Rayne won’t be able to forgive Kane easily, but she is willing to try for her family.