Chapter Thirty Three

Kane POV

Kane walked down the main street of town on his way to the local drug store. Rayne had gone into labour and she had panicked when the contractions started because she still needed to pick up stuff from the local drugstore for her baby. Not wanting to hang around and watch her while she was in labour he had offered to go and pick it up for her.

He was happy that she had been willing to forgive him for everything that he had done to her over the years. He felt so stupid that Thia had easily manipulated him into believing what she had said about Rayne.

When Thia had first told him about what Rayne was saying he didn’t even think twice about the fact that she may have been lying. So it didn’t take long for Thia to sucker him in. She first started off by saying how Rayne thought that she was better than the rest of them, then she progressed by telling him that Rayne had confided in her telling her that she thought Kane would make a terrible Alpha and that as soon as she found her mate she planned on overruling him and taking over the pack. Kane hated Rayne after he heard that and felt no guilt at all when he picked on her. It wasn’t until after she had been kidnapped by Marcus and his confrontation with Liam had he discovered the truth and that it had all been a lie.

He was ridden with guilt that he had made her life hell for something she had never said or planned on doing. It was then that he decided that he had to make it up to her. Even if she couldn’t forgive him, he would always make sure he was there for her if she needed him. When she finally did forgive him and he started to spend time with her and Liam he could not understand why Thia was so against Rayne.

She was the most selfless caring person he knew, and she always put others before herself and never once complained about it. It saddened him that it took him this long to see just how much of an amazing person she really was.

He didn’t argue when his father told him of his punishment for what he had done to her. He was going to be the future Alpha of the pack and what he had done had not only made his own father doubt his leadership skills, but the pack members as well.

After Thia had been buried Kane went to the mountain ridge pack to visit his gran parents where is grandmother Chloe told him about when she was younger. He found out that she had a twin brother who had died in a car accident. The whole town had had turned against her because she was the one driving the car. Her brother was not the only one who had dies, her best friend also didn’t survive the crash. For years the kids at school bullied and abused her because they blamed her for what she had done. Worst of all the town also blamed her parents saying if they had raised her right they would not have been out driving when they had the car accident. Her parents had received the same abuse as her, her mother not strong enough to deal with it too her own life leaving Chloe with her father. He started to drink and soon after she was being abused from him.

His grandmother had told Kane that she was very disappointed in him for what he had done to Rayne and that she he was no longer welcome there until he had shown that he has done everything he could do to make it up to Rayne.

For two months his parents made him sleep outside in wolf form, saying if he wanted to act like a feral wolf and treat pack members that way then he will be treated like one. He took his punishment without complaint and did what he had to each night to stay warm and dry.

For that month his father had also commanded everyone in the pack not to talk to him. He was to be ignored and treated as if he didn’t exist. It was a lonely month for Kane but he finally understood some of the pain Rayne had felt when all the kids in the pack turned their backs on her. He was surprised during that month when Rayne approached him and asked if he was alright. He was so shocked that she had done so because after all he was being punished for what he had done to her.