Chapter Nineteen

Two uploads today!

I have rushed the next chapter so I could post it because I was asked to by one of my readers who is going into hospital for surgery and wanted to know what happens beore she goes in. So Ladyolove this early update is for you :-)

=============================================

Chapter Nineteen

Rayne walked into the pack house and made her way to her uncle's office. She was about to knock on the door when she noticed it was slightly opened. She paused for a moment to see if she could hear anything.

"I thought we had people who were keeping an eye on him?" She heard her uncle ask.

"We did while he was growing up, but once his wolf fully developed and showed no signs for us to worry about we stopped worrying about it" She heard some male from her pack say.

"Well I don't want him dating my daughter, there is something not right with that kid" She heard her father say.

"Calm down Cole, there is no guarantee that there is anything wrong with Marcus, we were only doing it as a precaution" She heard her uncle say.

"I don't care I know there is something wrong with that kid" Her father growled.

She heard someone sigh "Cole, I promised Amy when we were in school that I would help take care of her and her baby, just because she met her mate after she had just had Marcus didn't mean I was going to stop helping her.

Rayne stood their stunned they were talking about Marcus? His dad was not really his dad? She frowned remembering them saying there may be something wrong with him.

'I don't care about your promise to Amy AJ, you should have kept a better eye on the kid. There has never been a werewolf born who was conceived by a human. Never has a pregnancy not been miscarried when a human has ever managed to impregnate a werewolf before."

Rayne's eyes widened in shock, Marcus was half-human half werewolf. Normally a werewolf would mark their mate and turn them before falling pregnant to them. It was known that a werewolf could not carry a human child and vice versa.

"I know all this" AJ growled, "I also know that the same circumstance that Amy is in could have easily happened to us Cole, look at how many humans we slept with in school. How lucky are we that we never managed to knock one of them up and have them carry our baby to full term."

"She should have had him destroyed" Cole mumbled

"Come on Cole, could you have destroyed any of your children?" AJ asked

"There is nothing wrong with any of my kids"

"But if there had of been, could you have destroyed them?"

There was only silence, Rayne was about to push on the door when her uncle spoke. "I know there is a chance that there is something wrong with him."

"Then why haven't you watched the boy better!" Her father shouted, "Now my daughter is dating him"

"Cole calm down" AJ said.

"I will not calm down!"

Thinking it was time to let her presence be known she pushed on the door and walked into the room. She quickly walked over to her father and hugged him. "Dad you need to calm down before your wolf takes control of you."

Cole looked down at his daughter with wide eyes "Rayne what are you doing here?"

"I think the more important question Cole is how much have you heard?" Her uncle asked her with a raised eyes brow.