Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Sally eventually brought the food out to the and placed it on the table, so everyone could serve themselves. She had cooked a giant turkey with green beans and mashed potato.

“So Rayne, I hear you are eighteen now, have you found your mate yet?” Sally asked, as she sat down in her chair.

Rayne looked down at her plate, she didn’t want to lie to Liam’s mother, but she couldn’t tell the truth. Thankfully, she was saved from answering by her mother.

“No she hasn’t yet Sally.”

Sally smiled at Rayne “I wouldn’t worry too much about it, mates are not as important to our species as it is to a werewolf, Liam’s dad and I are not mates and we couldn’t be happier with each other.”

Jesse frowned beside Rayne “What happens if either of you should meet your mate?” He asked.

Sally shrugged “We wouldn’t know that they were, as soon as Liam’s father and I marked each other our mating bond was broken. I guess you could say by us marking each other we had chosen them to be our mate so our feeling changed towards each other as if we were truly mates”

“What about your intended mate? Would they not know you were meant to be their mate?” Jesse asked.

Sally smiled sadly, “Their side of the bond would be intact, so they would still know. If they are human that would just feel a strong attraction towards them but could move on and find love elsewhere. But if they were a were lion they would only have to mark someone else to break their side of the bond as well.”

“What if a were lions mate was a werewolf? How would the wolf go about breaking their side of the bond?” Jesse asked.

“They can’t” Sally said sadly. “It’s very rare for a were lions mate to be a werewolf, but it’s strongly recommended that the lion mate with them, to avoid any problems”

“Yeah but what if, let’s say the werewolf reject the were lion because she is a were lion, can the were lion then find someone else?”

Rayne shifted uncomfortably in her seat, she was not too comfortable with the direction the conversation has gone. She knew Jesse was asking all this for Rayne sake, but Rayne was already aware of the options she had.

Sally frowned and looked at Natasha “I have never heard of a werewolf rejecting their mate because of their species. But if that were the case the were lion is free to find he self a more suitable mate.”

“Well that’s handy to know” Jesse muttered.

They continued to eat in silence for the remainder of the meal, once every one had finished eating, sally cleared the table and then brought out two large apple pie.

“I hope everyone is still hungry” She said smiling. “I was so excited about you all coming over that I went a little over board with the baking.”

They all laughed as Liam’s mother blushed. She dished each of them a slice of apple pie with a scoop of whipped cream.

“Mmm this is great Mrs Pride,” Rayne said as she ate a mouthful of pie.

“Thank you dear, and what did I say about calling me Sally” She said smiling.

“Sorry,” Rayne said softly.

“So Liam, do you have a girlfriend?” Cole asked from across the table.

Liam looked at Rayne before looking at her father “Not officially sir, but I have been telling everyone at school that Rayne is my girlfriend”