Chapter Thirty Seven

Kane POV

Kane paced out the front of the pack house, it has been a week since his mate has moved in to the pack house and he still has not been able to make his move on her. Every time he would get her alone she would always come up with some excuse to have to leave the room. He was starting to think that she did not like him. Which confused him because he did not know what he had done wrong to make her feel that way, his wolf was extremely restless and wanted him to just hurry up and mark her.

The sound of a car pulling up the drive way stopped him in his tracks. He sighed in relief when he noticed Jesse’s car, he was going to talk to him about his problem and hopefuly he would know what to do. Is heart dropped when he watched Rayne get out of his car before he turned around and drove back down the driveway.

“Where is her going?” Kane asked frowning when Rayne made her way over to him.

“Back to Mountain Ridge”

“Why? He said he would help me when he got back.”

“He met his mate at the shop I had to go to, he is going back to spend some time with her.” She explained.

“Oh” He said, his shoulders drop when he realised that Jesse would not be back any time soon to help him with his problem.

“Is something wrong Kane?” Rayne asked placing a hand on his shoulder.

He shrugged “I just really needed to talk to him is all.”

“Is it anything I can help with?”

He looked her in the eyes and noticed the concern in them “It’s my mate” He said with a loud sigh “I don’t think she likes me.”

“Why would you say that?”

“Every time I am around her she seems to think up reasons to get away from me. I don’t know what I have done to make her act that way.”

“Have you tried asking her?” She asked.

His frowned deepened “No” He said as he kicked a rock that lay on the ground in front of him.

“Maybe you should, I mean how else are you going to fix things if you don’t even know what it is you need to fix.”

“You make it sound easy.”

She laughed “That’s because it is, Kane she is your mate and even though she is human she will still be feeling the mating bound. Not as strong as you but strong enough for her to be attracted to you. I don’t think it is that she doesn’t like you I think it is something else and the only way you are going to find out is if you talk to her.”

“You really think she doesn’t hate me?” He asked looking at her with hope in his eyes.

“No I don’t” She said honestly “So go and talk to her and find out what’s really wrong”

He took a deep breath “You’re right, I will go and talk to her now.”

“Good luck” She said smiling.

He walked back into the pack house and made his way towards the kitchen where he knew she would be. She had taken her job with helping his mother cook seriously, when she is not with Ivy she was in the kitchen cooking and cleaning.

He was hit by her delicious sent of Lavender and strawberries as soon as he entered the kitchen, she was over by the sink washing up. She didn’t know he was there so he took his time checking her out from head to toe before making his presence known.