Chapter Forty Four

Ok, so I thought I should warn you that you may not like how I have written this chapter. I am sorry if that is the case, but it was just how I pictured it. Also there will be.......deaths so don't hate me too much. :-/

wolflover2012

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Forty Four

Rayne let out a terrifying scream when she looked at the blood covering Liam. It seem to be splattered all over his face, she watched as it begin to drip off his chin. The panic inside her built but she was frozen in place.“It’s not mine Rayne,” Liam said to her.

She looked at him confused like he was speaking another language. “What?” she asked a little dazed

“I said it’s not mine,” he repeated.

She took a good look at him and frowned. “Whose?”

She watched as Liam looked sadly at the Officiant. Rayne followed his eye sight to find that he was laying on the ground with blood oozing down his face a huge chunk was missing from the side of his head. “How?” she asked.

“I don’t know. But I think that was meant to be us, if we hadn't have moved when we did it would have been one of us”

Screams from behind them had both Rayne and Liam turning around. Something sharp brushed her arm but she didn’t have time to look and inspect it, her eyes stopped on her great gran mother who was in the process of changing into her wolf, others were doing the same. She noticed there were people lying on the ground, with blood on them. She scanned the crowd and found her mother who was holding Hailey. “Hailey,” Rayne whispered before running off in the direction of her daughter with Liam running behind her.

****************************

Kane looked around as the panicked pack scrambled to get away from the danger. He looked over in the direction where his mate was and noticed her being shoved around. He growled and raced over to help her. He watched as she tripped and fell to the ground, still holding Ivy. As soon as he reached her he scooped her and Ivy up in his arms. “What’s happening?” she asked him sounding frighten.

“Hunters,” he said before turning and running back towards the water.

“Hunters?” she asked “Why are hunters shooting at us?”

“They want us dead,” he said as he dodged a younger pack member.

“Why?”

“Because they think we are monsters,” he explained. He reached the edge of the water unsure of what he was doing. A loud gunshot sounded and had him turning around, the hunters were no longer hiding in the trees. They were walking out of the woods shooting anything in its path. “You need to hide,” he said turning back to his mate. “They don’t know that you are human and will try to kill you.”

“Know I am human, what do you mean by that Kane?” she asked confused.

He sighed, “This isn’t how I wanted to tell you, but you haven’t been speaking to me so you really haven’t given me any chance to. I am a werewolf, this is my pack,” he said gesturing to the people who were now changing into their wolves. “And they are the hunters who try to kill us.”

He looked at his mate and was not surprised to see the shock on her face. Whether the shock was because she believed him or because she thinks he is crazy he didn't know. He just hoped they both lived through this to find out. Another gunshot sounded, he grabbed her on the arm. “You need to hide now. Both of you,” he said as he dragged her towards the trees.