Chapter Three

Chapter Three

It had only been a little over a couple hours since Rayne had seen Marcus at breakfast, and she could already feel her heat starting.

Rayne Groaned as she slammed her locker shut after she got out all the stuff she would need for her Art class.

"Wow what’s wrong with you?” Sammy asked from beside her. “I don’t think I have ever heard you slam your locker before.”

Rayne looked at Sammy and decided she needed to confess everything to her friend. She had Art with Sammy so she decided to tell her while they walked there.

“Ok Sammy what I have to say, has to stay between us.” Rayne said through the pack mind link.

Sammy frowned but nodded her head “Yeah sure Rayne, you know you can trust me.”

Rayne nodded her head before taking a deep breath. “I found my mate.” She said through the mind link “But he rejected me” She told Sammy quickly as to cut off the hyper happy scream she was no doubt about to do.

“WHAT!” She screamed out loud.

“Sammy shh” Rayne said pulling her into their classroom. “No one knows and I would like to keep it that way.

“But, but, he can’t do that” she said through the mind link.

“He can, and he has” Rayne said.

“Oh Rayne you poor thing” Sammy said wrapping her arms around Rayne in a huge hug.

“It’s fine Sammy. I promise, I don’t feel the same pull as you guys do. All I feel is a shift inside me that tells me I have found my mate and then I go into heat.” Rayne said still using the mind link.

“Oh shit Rayne, what are you going to do about the heat?”

Rayne shrugged her shoulders “Whatever I have to do to get by, I don’t have to sleep with my mate to get through it, anyone will do. It’s just a matter of finding the right person.”

“How long do you have?” Sammy asked.

Rayne shrugged her shoulders “It has already started, but it will take about one to two days before it really effects me.”

“Ok so we have a day to find you a suitable substitute” Sammy said out loud with a wink.

They took their seat next to each other. “I know!” Sammy said excitedly. “How about Doug?” She suggested.

Rayne groaned “Sammy please. Doug? That’s the best you could come up with?”

“Hey it was just a suggestion” Sammy grumbled.

Rayne rolled her eyes and snorted “Doug is a fifteen year old kid who looks like his ten, I would feel like I’m molesting the poor guy.”

“Ok, ok” Sammy said holding up her hands “Maybe that wasn’t such a good idea.

“How about……………….Oh I got it Graham from your history class”

Rayne scrunched up her face at Sammy “Maybe if he had about five showers and used bleach to wash himself” Rayne suggested. “Otherwise I may die from his BO fumes.”

Sammy snicked “Yeah good point”

“What about Marcus from the pack, he’s not seeing anyone.” Sammy said.

Rayne looked at Sammy and realised she never told her exactly who her mate was. “I would Sammy” She said through the mind link “If he hadn’t rejected me as his mate”

Sammy looked at Rayne with wide eyes “It’s Marcus?” She whispered.

“It’s Marcus.” Rayne confirmed.

“Oh Rayne, I don’t understand why he would do that, he seems like such a nice guy.”

Rayne shrugged her shoulders “He told me it was because he didn’t want his friends to outcast him, like they had me.”

“That’s just stupid.” Sammy said shaking her head.

“Hey you don’t have to tell me, I agree with you one hundred percent.”

“Of course you do Rayne, that’s because you know that I am always right.” Sammy said grinning at Rayne.

Their teacher walked into the room and got everyone to quiet down.

“Now kids I would like you all to take out your charcoal and sketchpad and draw me a picture of something that reminds you of your childhood,” Mr Crain their Art teacher said.

The girls did as they were asked and opened the sketched books and started to draw.

Sammy leaned over and looked at what Rayne had started to draw. “Hey is that the waterfall?” She asked her.

Rayne nodded her head “Yeah, my parents use to take Thia, Jesse and me there when we were little.” She smiled at the picture she had started to draw. "We were all happen then, before Thia started hating me and mum started paying extra attention to me. You know my mum and dad always joked that the waterfall was actually the place where I was conceived.”

“Ew gross” Sammy said scrunching up her nose.

Rayne burst out laughing. “I know, just what every kid wants to know”

There was a knock on the classroom door that got everybody’s attention. The door opened and a brown hair, brown eyes boy walked in.

“Can I help you young man?” Mr Crain asked.

“Yes sir I believe this is my class” The young man said.

Sammy nudged Rayne forcing her to look away from the handsome boy to see what Sammy wanted.

“His hot” Sammy mouthed.

Rayne rolled her eyes “I know” She mouthed back.

She returned her attention to the young boy who had walked in. He was currently talking to Mr Crain.

Mr Crain turned away from the young man and looked at the class. “Everyone this here is Liam, he is new to our school”

Rayne looked over to find most of the girls in the class were drooling over him. She sighed and looked back at her drawing. She knew she didn’t have a chance in hell with a guy like that.

She took a deep breath to let out another sigh, but froze when her nose picked up a scent she recognised.

She looked up at Liam who was already looking at her “No way!” She said

Sammy looked over at her and frowned “Rayne are you alright? You look kind of flustered.”

Rayne could not take her eyes off Liam.

“Well Liam if you would like to find an empty desk and take a seat, we are just doing a little charcoal drawing today of something that reminds you of your childhood.” Rayne heard her teacher tell him.

“Yes sir” Liam said. He frowned at Rayne before he looked away from her and made his way to a spare desk across the other side of the room.

“Er…Rayne you are kind of staring at the new guy” Sammy whispered in her ear.

“I don’t believe it, it can’t be” she said breathlessly.

Sammy frowned “You don’t believe what Rayne?”

Rayne looked across the room at Liam, she watched as he glanced over her way before returning his attention back to the girl who was currently talking to him.

“Earth to Rayne, what don’t you believe?” Sammy asked again.

Rayne shook her head in an attempt to break herself out of her daze she looked over at her best friend who had a worried look on her face.

She opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by the bell ringing.

“Ok class for homework I want you to finish your sketches ‘Mr Crain said as everyone got up from their seat.

Rayne stole one last glance at Liam before grabbing Sammy by the hand and dragging her out of the classroom.