Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

“Are you sure you feel well enough to leave?” Rayne’s mother asked.

“I’m fine mum”

“Because if you’re not we can wait another day until you feel up to it” Her mother said.

“Mum” Rayne said with a sign “I’m fine ok”

“Ok, sweetie I was just making sure.”

“Is dad coming?” She asked.

“Honey..” Her mother said.

“Is he coming mum?” Rayne asked sternly.

“Where still working things out” She said softly.

“Fine, well until you do you can stay here and make sure you sort things out” Rayne told her.

“You will not speak to me like that Rayne, I am your mother”

“Fine” Rayne said crossing her arms over her chest “If dad is not going then neither am I,” She knew that she sounded like a spoilt child not getting her way but she also knew that if her mother left without her father, they would never make up and that would kill him.

“Rayne stop this nonsense now!” Her mother said raising her voice.

“No” She said defiantly “I want to be around my father, I don’t that’s asking too much do you?”

She watched as her mother looked at the swollen bit marks on her arm “Rayne..I..I’m sorry”

Rayne rolled her eyes “Look just go mum, you obviously don’t want to be here, no one is stopping you from leaving, but I refuse to go without dad.”

Natasha nodded her head at her daughter she turned around and walked out of the room, “Are you sure you want to stay here?” Liam asked.

Before she could answer him her father races into the room “She’s tracked his scent down,!” He said looking at Liam.

“Where?” Liam asked

“It’s about four hours from here in wolf form.”

“Then let’s go.” Liam said as he started to make his way to the door.

“Go where?” Rayne asked “What’s going on?”

Liam looked at her and felt a wave of guilt wash over him when he realised he was about to walk out and leave her alone, he was so focused on tracking Marcus that he had forgotten all about her. “They have picked up Marcus scent, you father, and I are going to go try and track him down and take care of him once and for all.”

“Oh” Was all Rayne could think of to say, she didn’t want Liam to leave her but she knew that Liam needed to go “Ok, I guess I will see you when you get back” She said to him forcing a smile on her face.

Liam walked over to her and placed a kiss on her head “I won’t be gone long, I promise” He said to her before pulling away from her and walking out of the room with her father.

Rayne let out a loud sigh once she realised she was now alone, she thought about mind linking Jesse to see if he would come sit with her but thought better of it. Jesse had been spending so much time here with her that he would need the time away.

“So they finally left you alone” A voice said from the door.

Rayne looked up to see Kerry one of Thia’s friends standing at the door. “What do you want Kerry?”

Kerry shrugged her shoulder “Nothing” She said walking into the room, she had a mobile phone in her hands and looked to be typing a message. “So where is everyone, I thought they would have you constantly guarded?”