Chapter one

Chapter One

Rayne walked down the hallway to her parents' bedroom. She knocked softly on the door and waited for one of her parents to answer.

"Come in Rayne" She heard her mother say.

Opening the door slowly Rayne walked into her parents room, her mother was sitting on the bed with a photo album on her lap. She quickly scanned the room and noticed that her father wasn't in there.

"You wanted to see me mum? Rayne asked her mother as she walked over to her bed.

"Yes sweetie, I wanted to ask how you are feeling about tomorrow?"

Rayne shrugged her shoulders "I don't really feel anything, it's just a birthday"

Natasha looked at her daughter with disbelief on her face "It's not just a birthday and you know it, sweetie tomorrow will be your eighteenth birthday, you will be able to find your mate!" Her mother said excitedly.

"Yes and I might not" Rayne said in a bored tone.

"Why aren't you excited Rayne? You have almost fully matured you could soon be meeting your mate and starting your first heat." Her mum patted her on the arm. "Before you know it you will be fully mated and have created life, and hopefully you will have a couple of cubs to help keep the were loin breed going."

"Not if my mate doesn't want me" Mumbled Rayne "Besides I'm not sure I want to have cubs, why would I put them through growing up like a freak, like I have"

Rayne's mother frowned at her "What are you talking about Rayne? You're not a freak, you are very special, you and I are the last of our kind and it's our responsibility that we continue to breed for our species." Her mother tells her.

"Being the last of our kind doesn't make us special it makes us freaks. " Rayne said getting off the bed. "Why couldn't you have had more cubs so I wouldn't have been the only one?"

"Rayne" Her mother said sadly "You know I couldn't have any more children after the twins were born."

Rayne sighed, she knew that if her mother could have she would have had more children. Rayne knew it wasn't fair for her to blame her mother for the fact that she was the only were lion teenager in a house full of werewolves. A fact that her fellow teenager wolves reminded her of every day. Even her own brother and sister who were born wolves made fun of her for that.

"I'm sorry mum, I didn't mean it," she said softly.

"It's fine sweetie, I know your nervous about tomorrow,"

"Yeah I guess" She admitted to her mother. She really wanted to admit what was really bothering her, that she will meet her mate and he would be a part of this pack and not want anything to do with her. But she didn't want to bother her mother with her stupid fears.

"I think I might go to bed now." Rayne said to her mother.

Rayne's mother got up from the bed and made her way over to her. She wrapped her daughter in a hug "Ok sweetie, I will see you in the morning. Goodnight"

"Goodnight mum" Rayne said as she pulled away from her mother and made her way to the bedroom door.

"Oh and Rayne" Her mother said from behind her.

"Yeah?" Rayne asked as she stopped and turned to look at her mother.

"Don't forget, that if you do find your mate you will almost immediately go into heat."

"I know mum" Rayne said giving her a small smile. "Hey mum"

"Yes sweetie"

"You were with the hunters when you met dad, who is your mate right?" Rayne asked.