Chapter Twenty Seven

"What" Rayne breathed out.

Anne smiled sadly at her "I'm sorry Rayne but the test I had done on you when you first got here show that you are pregnant"

"But, but, isn't too soon to tell?" She stuttered.

"You are a were lion Rayne your body works similar to ours, as soon as the embryo is fertilised it releases a chemical into our body that helps our body to prepare for the pregnancy. This shows up in our blood almost immediately" Anne told her.

"So," Rayne began to say but paused for a moment to let everything sink "What you're saying is Marcus may have impregnated me when he..he" She stopped not able to finish the questions.

"I'm sorry Rayne, but yes you could be pregnant from when Marcus had taken you" Anne.

Rayne squeezed her eyes closed "When can I find out if it's his?"

"There are test that can be done while you are pregnant, they are not a hundred precent safe and can cause a miscarriage, or you can wait until the child is born." Anne told her

Rayne nodded her head slowly but didn't say anything.

"Rayne are you ok?" Liam asked, he placed a hand on her back and started to rub it. "No matter what happens or what you decide I am here for you"

Rayne looked over at Liam "You still want me?" she asked, disbelief could be heard in her voice.

Liam couldn't help the growl he let out "Of course I want you, nothing could ever change the way I feel about you Rayne"

"Even if I'm not carrying you baby" She said softly as she lowered her head in shame.

Liam slipped two fingers under her chin and lifted her head up gently so he could look her in the eyes "Even if I didn't conceive this child I will still love it as my own" He told her.

Rayne let out a loud sob, Liam grabbed her in her arms and held her while she cried. "I feel so disgusting, my skin feels so dirty, he touched me everywhere Liam and I couldn't stop him"

Liam closed his eyes trying to hold in the anger he was feeling towards Marcus "Tell me what I can do to help you Rayne, tell me how I can make this all better for you?"

She didn't answer him right away, she couldn't believe that even though Marcus had forced her to have sex with him and she could be carrying his child he still wanted her, he even wanted to help her through this. "I love you Liam" She said softly.

Liam pulled back and look her in the eyes again "There is nothing in this world that I love more then you Rayne"

The sound of the medical room door opening broke their moment. They both looked over to see Rayne's father standing there. He looked nervous and UN sure about whether he was allowed to approach her.

"Daddy" Rayne said with a sob.

That was all the permission Cole needed, in a flash he was by her side holding her in his arms "I'm so sorry baby girl, this is all my fault."

"No Dad it's not, please don't blame yourself," Rayne said pulling away from his arms.

"I should have been there for you I should have been more worried about what had happened to you instead of worrying about what your mother was doing to my brother, I know I done deserve your forgiveness Rayne. But know that I love you, you are and always will be my baby girl" He pulled her back into his arms and hugged her tightly

"Don't be silly dad it wasn't your fault there is nothing to forgive, it wouldn't have matted if I didn't go outside by myself, Marcus would have found a way to get me. His wolf is crazy" Rayne shivered at the thought of Marcus's wolf.