Liam's P.O.V

Liam’s P.O.V

Liam pulled Rayne’s car up at the front of her pack house, his parents pulled in behind him in their car. He couldn’t help this nagging feeling that something was wrong, he quickly jumped out of the car and raced to the front door, after knocking consistently for about five minutes he gave up waiting for someone to answer and opened the door,

“Liam, I don’t think you should just walk into their house unannounced,” his mother said from behind him.

“I don’t care mum, something is wrong, I need to find Rayne.” He said as he marched into the house. He could hear voices coming from down the hall, he followed the sound and realised it was people screaming at each other.

“What do you mean you didn’t believe her!” He heard Rayne’s fathers voice shout,

“She was talking about my son, of course I wasn’t going to believe her.” Liam heard the man Rayne said was her uncle say.

“Well did you even wait and ask your son if it was true before you accused her of lying?”

“No, I didn’t need to Cole, he is my son, he wouldn’t do something like that”

“Oh but my daughter would lie?”

“It doesn’t really matter anymore, she has made her choice, she is leaving to go live with her chosen mate” Liam heard Rayne’s mother say “And I’m going with her”

“Natasha don’t be ridicules, we can’t move in with the Prides” Cole said to his mate

“I didn’t say anything about taking you with me Cole” She said “I meant me and Rayne, the rest of you seem to have a problem with believing us were lions, so we will go somewhere where we are not treated different.”

Liam finally reached the room and walked in without knocking “Where is Rayne?”

“Liam, what are you doing here?” Natasha asked.

“I’m here for Rayne, I need to see her now” He told her.

“She is out waiting in her car for me, if it’s not there then she felt she needed to leave without waiting for me”

“How could she be outside waiting in her car when I had it?” He asked

“What?” Rayne’s mother asked frowning, by this stage Liam’s mother and father had entered the room.

“I said I had her car, she let me take it home so I could get ready for the pack meeting tonight, but when she called and told me it’s cancelled I had to come out here and see her and make sure everything is alright” he explained

He watched as Rayne’s mother looked at her mate “Cole, where is she?” She asked. Liam watched as Rayne’s fathers eyes went glassy as he attempted to mind link with his daughter. Before returning to normal.

“I can’t seem to mind link with her”

“How is that possible?” Rayne’s mother asked, she was on the verge of tears. "This is all your fault!" She screamed at Rayne's uncle.

“If she is unconscious you won’t be able to mind link with her” Liam heard his father say,

“Unconscious” Rayne’s mothers gasp bringing a hand up to her mouth. "How?” She asked looking around at everyone in the room

“I think the better question would be who?” Liam’s father said.

“Has anyone seen Marcus?” Thia asked as she walked into the room with her head lowered to the ground.