Chapter 21: ... the Venom of the Fae

Hi everyone, SK here.

First if you wanna understand the chapter title, just look at chapter 20 and then back at this one.  You'll understand.  Jeez I can't believe this is the chapter that I'm going to start 2021 off with.. *cue nervous laughter*

Second, where did we leave off?  Oh yeah, Valerie just got told an unsettling truth.  Let's see what happens... BUT FIRST on Friday I saw the The Fairy's Cure (you know, this book's prequel) is ranking #1 in AMOURSHIPPING.  Like seriously how- that came from out of nowhere.  So thank you so much, that was a great way to wake up to the new year for me that's for sure :')

Anyway, be sure to (try and) enjoy this chapter.

!!! WARNINGS: Bad Language

Valerie

"I- what!?"  I sputter, trying to keep my thoughts under control.  I'm almost 500 years old!?  I have past lives!?  Does that mean I only have 500 years left to live!?

"I know this is a lot to process," begins the Queen, clearly trying to stop me from hyperventilating and overthinking this but it's too late, I'm already doing both of those things.  

"I just- how could Heliux and Layra not tell me," my words are coming out too fast, all at once.  Everything is happening so fast, too fast, so many things that have happened within the span of 48 hours that I'm supposed to be able to fucking process and be okay with, because how is one person supposed to be able to do that?  

Her Majesty is clearly trying to reason with me.  "I'm sure they were waiting for a good time to tell you, considering all that's happened to you during the past couple of days," she says calmly, trying to be reassuring. 

I recoil away from her.  "How do you know what happened?"

"Queens and Kings have the Element of Time," she tells me point-blank.  "We can see every moment up until the end."

I'm not going to question what the end is right now.  

Hearing footsteps echoing against the porcelain tiles, I turn to see Kya and Sylkie step up, clearly reading the situation.  "Let's take a break from this Time-seeing stuff for now," the latter urges.

Kya nods in agreement.  "You two should go over some of the Queen spells instead."

Despite everything, this still manages to peak my curiosity.  I glance at Her Majesty who's currently in the corner of my vision.  "Queen spells?"

The Queen perks up once again, glancing gratefully at both of the Spirit Soldiers.  I'm still here, you know.  "Those are spells that can only be performed by me- and now you," she tells me eagerly.  "Would you like to learn some?"

I find myself nodding slowly.  "Sure."

The rest of the Spirit Soldiers clear out from around the doors to the room, giving the Queen and I space to exit.  We begin to walk back down the hallway in the direction of the entrance corridor that we originally came from.

"Most Queen spells require you to utilize the Sapphire Staff for the whole of it, but since your soul is not the one connected to it, you won't be able to practice those spells," says Her Majesty, who seems to be thinking out loud as we walk.  I glance at her curiously as she continues.  "There is one spell that you can try; well, a smaller version of it of course."

"Oh?" I ask.  "What does the spell do?"

"It's called the Fae's Venom," she answers, continuing to explain the spell and its effects.  "Only humans are affected by it.  A Queen or King can use it in multiple ways; no matter how they use it, the spell's effect will always remain the same.  The user must take on a specific mindset beforehand, and those same thoughts, ideas, stress, pain... all of them get magnified in a sense and transferred to the humans you choose to affect.  It's called the Fae's Venom, but it can be used both ways... just remember that here, like attracts like.  If you are not targeting a specific group of people, positive emotions will always go to the people you love and negative emotions will always go to the people you hate-"