Chapter 7: Battle Battle Battle!

Hi everyone, SK here.

Verity and Valerie are gonna battle Bonnie and Max.  This is the first battle I've written in a long while, so hopefully I'm not too rusty.  

Let's start!  I hope you enjoy. :)

!!!WARNINGS: Bad language

Verity

Upon hearing Valerie's name being screamed out, both of us turn to see August standing behind us.  

"August, what are you doing interrupting us like that?" I scold.  "We're trying to have a battle here."

My brother seems to calm himself down, letting out a nervous chuckle as he averts his gaze to look at Valerie.  "Sorry.  I was just surprised to see you on the battlefield, Valerie."

I turn to look at Valerie as she tosses him a sheepish smile.  "Verity's going to help me."

August's gaze is warm.  "I don't doubt that," he tells her.  "I've got some news to deliver anyway, so I'll leave you both to it."  The Light fairy proceeds to go into the stands, probably searching for more people to deliver the Council news to.

"Quick, Dedenne, Thunderbolt on that Frosmoth!" Bonnie shouts out.  

Dedenne begins to spark with electricity as Max calls out to Gallade to make its move.  "Night Slash on Curses!"

Gallade nods its head and quickly charges at Curses.  I smirk.  Aiming for a super-effective hit won't earn you a victory.  "Curses, use Phantom Force."

As Curses disappears and dodges the hit, I look toward Valerie and Nombles, the latter about to take the hit from Dedenne.  "Tell Nombles to dodge!" I tell the clearly befuddled girl.

Valerie nods, which hopefully clears her head.  "Dodge!" she tells Nombles, who swiftly glides out of the way.  Val's gonna have to do much more than dodge if we want to win.  "Valerie, what moves does Nombles know?"

"Um, I have to think," she says, tilting her head to the side.  "Quiver Dance, Giga Drain, and Bug Buzz- oh, and Icy Wind!"

Pretty good.  "Good.  I already have a strategy in mind."  Dad taught both August and I how to battle from a young age, though I've always been slightly better than my brother.  

Valerie looks at me, her eyes wide.  "Wow, already?"

"Of course!"

As soon as I say that, Curses comes out and strikes Gallade from behind with Phantom Force.  Max's Pokemon falls, but still stands.  A couple more Phantom Forces will take care of Gallade easy.  It's Dedenne we have to worry about.

"Dedenne, use Play Rough on Curses!" Bonnie calls out.  Dedenne begins charging full force at my Dragapult, and I admit it's pretty amusing seeing the tiny mouse try and attack my dragon.

"Nombles, Icy Wind to blow it back!" Valerie shouts, thrusting her arm forward.  A shimmering gust of snowflakes comes from her Frosmoth that successfully hits Gallade, but Dedenne pushes through it, even if it is a little slower.

"Use Dragon Dance to dodge the attack," I say calmly.  Curses nods and begins to swiftly move through the air, getting faster as it continues.  Dedenne simply can't keep up.

"Let that Dragapult dance all it wants," Max says, pushing up the rim of his glasses.  "Psycho Cut on that Frosmoth, Gallade!"

"Reroute your attack on Frosmoth," Bonnie adds.

"Bug Buzz on Gallade to counter it, and dodge Dedenne!" Valerie shouts.  Nombles flies high in the air and aims a Bug Buzz at Gallade, hitting it successfully.  However, Dedenne still hasn't been taken down, and it uses its partner as leverage to jump high enough to reach the Frosmoth.  It lands its Play Rough spot on, causing Nombles to fall downward.