Concluding Notes

!!! WARNING: I'll probably go on a tangent. (Edit: Yes, I do.)

When I first came up with an idea for a Fairy-Pokemon AU four years ago, I'd had no idea that it would ever be seen by someone other than myself.  It was really threeish years ago when I began to finalize details for The Fairy's Cure, and I created my first original character: Heliux.  Layra came shortly after, of course.

I had no idea the phenomenal support I would receive on that book.  It still astounds me that that prologue has been read over one thousand times.  And then, out of nowhere I had inspiration to create a sequel with the next generation as protagonists: Valerie, August, and Verity.  My long-time readers will know that originally, I said there was absolutely no way I would be putting out a sequel.

... yet here we are today.

I know that this book is heavily flawed, both it and its predecessor.  Creating this duology has really opened my eyes to the areas that I need to improve on; world building, character development, plot development.  But I think in the three years I've spent writing this series, I think I've improved a little bit at least, and I owe it all to you guys, my readers.

Thank you for sticking by and reading every chapter, even when this book took a... dark turn.  You have no idea how much your comments have motivated me to continue, even when started to get too busy to reply often.  Thank you for all the feedback.  Thank you for all the funny conversations you had with the characters- they definitely made me smile, and I hope they made you smile too. :)

Yes, I'm thanking each and every one of you for your support on this book.  It's because of you that I was able to complete it.  It's because of all of you that I'm starting to plan (and properly world-build!) my first fantasy novel, and although it will be a while until it's ready to be published, I can't wait for you all to see it!

So this book is now complete.  What's next from me?

Well, to be honest, I can't really say for sure.

There will be a few Extras that will come out, but they'll only be out when I have motivation (and time, hahaha...) to write them.  Don't expect regular updates with those.

And... I hate to say it, but around the time that this author's note goes live, I'll be graduating high school.  My graduation is on June 28th, and after that, I'm starting to prep for university.  With the program I signed up for, I'm going to be insanely busy.  And since I'm not regularly updating any books either... look, I'm probably going to go silent on here for a while.  I'm going to be real with you guys.

I want to be optimistic and say that I will be coming back for sure to publish my fantasy novel.  It's been a tiny dream of mine to see a book I made on a shelf.  But if this book is the last thing I ever publish on this account, ever, I want to thank all of you for making it such a wonderful experience.  This book is far from perfect, but it's perfect enough for me.

I've always had the belief that stories choose their authors, not the other way around.  That all stories are there, and an author will find them and, if the story is willing, the author will share it to the world.  The story, everything's there, the author just has to find it and bring it to life.  So, to the characters in this book: Heliux, Layra, Valerie, August, Verity, Ash, Serena... thank you for letting me tell your story.

The Ministers and Valerie will be returning in the new book, so don't miss them too much!   They, especially Heliux and Layra, will always have a special place in my heart.  

Just like you all, for supporting me this far.  So thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading, for all your positivity and comments.  I hope this book made an impact on you in some way, because if it did, then I did my job right.

All good things come to an end: August's and Valerie's relationship, this book, maybe even this account but I don't know.  But thank you for being a part of them while they were there.

Well, I have to go now.  I'll see you all later in the first Extra, but until then, take care of yourselves and keep doing what you love.  And again, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you. :)

~Sylkie