Chapter 10: Valerie's Fate

Hi everyone, SK here.

Early update because it's Amourshipping Day- so happy Amour Day to everyone!! :)

So it seems that Valerie has two options ahead of her... either she stays forever, or she leaves. Which side are you on? #LetValerieStay or #LetValerieLeave?

I can't really tell you my opinion, because I'm the author and I'm actually gonna write my opinion into existence so... hehe.

Let's start the chapter, shall we? I hope you enjoy it!!

Valerie

"Dad, Mom, I love you... thank you for getting me this far. Thank you, thank you thank you thank you." said a girl with so much to live for.

"Sis, no, please, don't leave... you're all I have left..." said a girl who wept on the streets.

"Hurry up everyone. I'll shadow you as we cross. Remember that guns aren't all we need. We need each other." said a girl who did not hesitate to protect those she loves.

"Goodbye, everyone who ever loved me, goodbye..." said a girl who couldn't see another way out.

"I... I'm so happy... even though we have nothing, you still love me...?" said a girl who desperately believed in love.

"Please, no, don't sh-" said a girl who lost her chances.

"Baked goods, come and get 'em!" said a girl who worked for a future worth having.

"Yes, Master..." said a girl who could never escape.

I jump up with a jolt, sweat clinging to my brow. This stupid dream. I've been having it all the time now, usually on nights when I go to bed with a sense of unease or stress. The same confusing cycle. The way my brain shifts from story to story, girl to girl, bad then good then switch, eyeless girls who-

"You're awake. Thank goodness," comes the relieved voice of August. I search for him as my eyes adjust to the light, but I quickly spot his honey-haired form sitting on the edge of the bed nervously looking at me.

Oh. My. Arceus.

Did I sleep in his bed again!?

Wait, is it Monday already!? Did I miss my own Council!?

"What day is it!?" I practically shout at him.

The fairy boy looks a tad confused. "It's Sunday, almost five in the afternoon," he tells me evenly. "I, um, hate to be blunt about this, but your Council started an hour ago. As soon as you're ready we should probably head to the Council's Court."

I nod, rubbing my head. Something seems off, but I can't quite place it.

"If you don't mind me asking," August says, cutting into my train of thought, "did something happen the Ministers- you know, Heliux and Layra? They brought you here unconscious, saying something..."

He continues on, but the puzzle piece I was searching for a moment ago suddenly reveals itself and clicks into place.

"Valerie, we are most positive that you are our daughter."

"August," I whisper, all the puzzle pieces coming together to join the one that came.

He looks confused at first, but his gaze quickly switches to one of concern as he notices my eyes shaking. "Valerie, what happened? You can tell me. You can tell me anything."

I stare at him, not knowing how to say what can easily be said. "They... they told me that they are my parents."

The Light fairy just sits there, staring at me in mute shock. His mouth becomes agape for a few seconds before he quickly shuts it. "They told you that? How do you know? More importantly, how do they know?"