Chapter 32: Opening the Gates of Silver

Hi everyone, SK here.

So once again I'll be apologizing for the stuff that happened last chapter, and one again I'll be pre-apologizing for the stuff that'll happen in this chapter.  There is so much going on right now it isn't even funny.

Like I said last chapter, we'll be taking a break from the fairies and we'll see what Valerie and co. have been up to.  Let's get to it, hope you enjoy!! :)

!!! WARNINGS: References to violence, death

---

Lance sits down at the head of the Council table, all the Champions sitting around the Elite Four member.  There is only one who is missing, that person being Red, as the meeting he called theoretically shouldn't have started yet... or it wouldn't have, if Lance hadn't called everyone there early.

Him sitting in Red's usual spot is no accident either.

"Let's just cut straight to the chase," begins the red-headed man, leaning forward and resting his elbows on the table as he speaks.  "I called you all here early for a reason.  It's about Red."  His voice doesn't even falter.  "It's clear that he's not fit to be the Champion anymore.  He still speaks of peace when the rest of his people shout war cries."

Victria nods, the wisdom she once had long-tainted by a fairy spell.  "I agree.  Unlike the rest of the world he still believes the silly fantasy that fairies are not out for our blood."

"I second that.  If he in fact wants to be a fairy ally then he shouldn't be allowed to be near any humans either."  Mayden's voice rings out strong and clear in the air.  "The only question is who to replace him with-"

"Me, naturally," points out Lance, but to his disappointment the other Champions look at him discouragingly.

"Red trained you-"

"And Red isn't me," the Elite Four member says in a low voice.  The Alolan Champion shuts his trap.  "I'll tell you why I should take Red's place.  Just like I broke the fairies by killing one of their precious "Leaders", I will break Red by getting rid of someone close to him.  We won't have to worry about him and his battle skills fighting back against us.  And if that isn't enough," he grins, "I know a way to find the place where the fairies live."

The other Champions are unable to hide their gasps.  "How!?" demands Dawnas.  

Lance's smile twists and becomes more cruel, which none of the other Champions seem to notice as their own thoughts are also filled with cruelness of the same caliber.  "Let's just say I have an ally, a fairy ally who's on our side.  She told me that she knows a fairy who is currently residing in our world, a fairy who has human connections.  I have located the school where they are at and will shortly be locking it down.  Apparently they themselves are also like Red and haven't been enlightened with the truth," he shrugs.  "The group also seems to be holding valuable information, so we will be taking that from them while at the same time baiting the fairy to make herself seen.  My ally says that once that happens, there is supposed to be an obvious opening for us to enter the fairy world.  When that happens, we will destroy whatever we find and capture as many fairies as possible."

As soon as he stops speaking the other Champions are left speechless.  One looks like he is about to say something, but that's when Red steps into the room.  The current Champion instantly becomes wary as he sees the setup, especially when he spots Lance sitting in his Champion's spot.