Chapter 35: Half Together, Half Apart

Hi everyone, SK here.

So I'm actually not going to say much, other than remind you that the mini-arc from chapter 32-34 has caught up with the ending from chapter 31.  Without much further adieu, let's get into it.  Enjoy!

!!! WARNINGS: Bad language

August

If the stuff I caused before didn't make me the worst Light Leader in all of history, then the fact that I let half the Colony get captured by vile humans, including myself, probably will.

The humans are arriving at a facility of some sort, or at least I can assume that's what this large stone structure is.  Just like the creatures that are holding us captive, it looks cold and barren... and when I see bars covering the windows, I realize that this is some sort of jail.

I glance at Lillie, Clemont and Mallow, who were tossed in this cage with me.  They're beginning to realize what's going on too, and we all shift closer together.  Through the silver bars other fairies are visible to the four of us, clearly as scared as we are.

My heart is beating a million times a minute.

Are they going to kill us?

What will happen to our Necklaces if they do?

I glance downward to where the Creation Necklace is resting lightly on my chest.  One of the most important Necklaces in the Colony, I have to protect it if it's the last thing I do.

I mean that literally.

"Au-"

"No talking," interrupts the deep, gruff voice of our capturer.  Lillie shrinks back into herself and Mallow holds her close.  The cage rocks back and forth as the human walks, which is making me want to throw up.  I shift my focus to outside our little prison, which usually helps me to be a little less motion sick. 

The doors open and one by one, the humans file in.  They walk through the halls swiftly, passing through many large iron doors.  We pass by what must be hundreds of cells, all filled with human criminals.  Their eyes light up with this creepy gaze as we pass them, and when they try to reach through the bars to get to us, they're met with a brutal electric shock.  I wince whenever I see it, and every time I hear the zap I jump a little.

Suddenly, they take a turn from walking down the long hallway to enter a room on the left.  In there is a clearly-battered red-haired man, which I can instantly recognize from the Colony's attack.  He was the one who led it.  

With a heavy thud he slams a purple Pokeball on the table, an "M" clearly visible on its front.  "Damn Celebi won't be a problem anymore," he mutters under his breath.  He looks like he's about to say something else, but his eyes suddenly light up when he spots all of us fairies in the cages.  "Hello," he says in a chilling voice.  "Welcome to your new home, you wouldn't want to live in your old one anymore with what we've done to it."

It is taking all of my energy not to shout at him, and that's me saying that.  Lillie is physically restraining Mallow from running to the front of the cage, and Clemont just has this unusual angry expression on his face.

"Lance, what do we do with them?" asks one of the other capturers.  Lance is his name.  Noted.

"Put them all in one of the empty cells, and keep them heavily guarded.  Wouldn't want them and their little magic hands breaking out, would we?"

"Understood sir," Lance's minions respond in unison, and they're about to leave when their leader calls them back.

"Wait a moment," says the red-haired man.  "I want to speak to that one."  He points at a fairy.