Chapter 17: Learning (to hate) Magic

Hi everyone, SK here.

Ok I still feel a little bad about posting that last chapter with barely any content- so this chapter will definitely make up for that, I promise you.

I hope you enjoy it!!  (Also a lot of these upcoming chapters are going to be in Val's POV, I hope you don't mind).

Valerie

I watch as Heliux rearranges the light crystals with his hands, my eyes widening as they form images and scenes

I watch as Heliux rearranges the light crystals with his hands, my eyes widening as they form images and scenes.  They change colours as they rearrange themselves, their sparkly scales shifting and flipping to show these transitions.  The first scene takes form, one of a dry, vacant, empty place.  Grey clouds spill rain drops down on the Pokemon below, thousands of Pokemon, all fighting with the humans.  A chilling wind whips through the area.

"Before the fairies, times were dreary," drones Heliux in a monotone voice.  "Pokemon and humans did not live in harmony.  As a result, all the Elements ravaged through the universe, untamed and uncontrolled by anyone; not even Arceus itself.  The world was a horrid place to live."

Light crystals form Arceus walking into the scene, with two people walking alongside him.

"Arceus decided that everything was enough.  The God of Pokemon decided that a special group of people would spend their lives away from the rest of humanity to learn magic and guard over the Elements; those people would become fairies."

Heliux's vision begins to show floating symbols circling around the God Pokemon.

"Arceus summoned all the Elements with his power, and spread them out to all of humanity.  This is why some people are born with Elements and some are not.  Then, he Initiated the first two fairies: Lita, and Zagan.  The first Light fairy and the first Dark fairy."

The vision shows the humans- Lita and Zagan- suddenly transforming into fairies, magnificent glowing wings extending from their backs.  Their Pokemon turn to Mist, a sign of them being fully fairy.  My thoughts wonder to Nombles, when will I learn how to summon her?

"Lita and Zagan began to build the Colony, yes, the same one we are in right now," Heliux continues.  "Arceus instructed all the Legendary Pokemon to find worthy humans to become fairies, and the Colony started to grow.  More and more Elements came under fairy control, however the fairies were having problems themselves."

The vision shifts once again, this time showing the definitely-now-recognizable Colony.  Only, instead of it being peaceful as I know it to be now, fairies are running around and shouting at each other, and it just looks like chaos.

"The Leaders could not control the fairies on their own.  They needed a hierarchy.  So, Lita and Zagan made two of their fairies Advisors.  They decreed that with every new Leader, the fairies would switch their positions for a new generation, and that Leader would get to name an Advisor, even if the current Advisor was still alive.  That Advisor would give up their Elemental-seeing powers to the new one.  However, having the Advisors weren't enough.  They needed two fairies, above the Advisors, to be able to control the fairies further.  Two fairies with specific Elements.