Chapter 14: Breaking Blissfulness

Hi everyone, SK here.

So... hopefully you're all not still mad at me for last chapter?  What's that, you're still mad?  Eh, I deserve it.  All I can do is tell you not to worry.

Also... this book has already reached 1K reads and has topped 100 votes.  All I can say is wow, thank you all so much!!  (I don't need to tell you the crazy number of comments this book has gotten, y'all can see that.)

Anyway, enough of me talking, and let's finish the twins' meeting with Her Majesty.  I hope you enjoy this chapter~!

Verity

Honestly, I don't really remember much of Her Majesty.  I don't even remember her name- her real name, not the formal title- which is why I'm desperately hoping that she introduces herself to us.

I instantly bow down once I see Heliux and Layra perform a quick bow of their own.  Keeping the bow position, I listen to the Ministers as they reintroduce us to Her Majesty and explain why we're present instead of our parents.  

"You can stop that now," comes the mildly amused voice that must belong to the Queen.  I stand back up straight, my brother following suite, and watch her gently set the giant staff down on the throne.  She descends down the stairs, her sunset-coloured dress swishing lightly from side to side as she moves.  

She holds out her hand to each of us respectively.  I shake it, hoping that she can't tell how clammy my hand is from sheer nervousness.  I don't get nervous very often, because I hate how being nervous makes me feel- it's that sense of powerlessness.

Her Majesty gives us both a calm smile.  "If you don't remember, my name is Alara," she introduces, making me heave an internal sigh of relief.  "It's a pleasure to see you both again, August and Verity," she adds, her smile starting to radiate undertones of cheekiness.  "The last time I saw you both was when you were very young."

"We were twenty," I point out.  "In terms of looks, we haven't changed."  Verity you idiot.  You can't show your usual sass around Her Majesty, it's disrespectful!

Alara shrugs.  "That is true, yes.  Your looks haven't changed, but I can tell that the August and Verity I see before me today have matured a great deal since we've last talked."  She pauses, then continues.  "Come, let's go talk.  I'm sure you have many questions, and we've got lots of catching up to do."  She gestures the four of us and her Spirit Soldiers to follow her.

We all ascend the staircase and pass Her Majesty's throne.  It's a light blue colour, almost like ice, but if you look close enough, there's a warm glow of embers that emits from the depths of its insides.  She stops and picks up the giant staff, which I now see adorned with a pink gem at its top.  I wonder, what kind of jewel is that...? I ask myself before gazing upwards.  Surrounding the throne, hung high up in the air, are nine silver torches.  Each one is adorned with engravings, with trickles of yellow and rose gold swirling upwards throughout the silver like mixed-flavour frozen yogurt.  Every torch has a different coloured gem attached to it, and their flames are coloured correspondingly to their gems.  Within the flames, I spot Elemental Symbols.  Those must be the symbols for the Queen's Elements that Heliux mentioned earlier, I realize with a little awe.

  Those must be the symbols for the Queen's Elements that Heliux mentioned earlier, I realize with a little awe