Chapter 12: Castle of Glass

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

This chapter will feature the Spirit Soldier OCs- yes, these are the OCs I asked for months ago!  The Spirit Soldiers will be making a few appearances in this book.  Thank you so much to those of you who provided me with their OCs that I could use:
LittleSharkXD
KimikooOwO
Stars-n-Fandoms
Legendary_Etta_7
Legendary_Sinon
Annular_Eclipse
LunaRaven26

Thank you so much for you help all over again, I really appreciate it!

So as you can guess, we'll be meeting the Queen this chapter.  I hope you're excited to meet her!  Enjoy chapter 12~!!

August

I rapidly wake up to the feeling of someone vigorously shaking my shoulders.  "Mmm...?" I slur, blearily blinking up at the person.  I instantly make out the features of my twin sister even though my eyes are still adjusting.

"So you're finally awake," she tells me with an eyeroll.  "It's time to- uh..."

Her voice makes a change in tone and I suddenly become aware of Valerie's peaceful form nuzzling into my shoulder.  She's still sound asleep, a graceful smile on her face; I'm hoping this means that she isn't in the middle of a bad dream.  

Then my train of thoughts switches tracks and suddenly I'm aware of how this situation must look to Verity.  A boy and girl in the same bed?  She must think-

"Shut up," I whisper to her before she can say anything.  "She had a bad dream and wanted some comfort."

She grins, giving me a knowing look as I echo her actions and roll my eyes.  "Uh huh, sure," she adds sarcastically.  "I didn't even say anything."

"You were going to," I protest before gently moving Valerie away from me and sitting up.  I stretch, letting out a small yawn.  "She doesn't even like me that way Ver, we're just friends."

She rolls her eyes again.  What's with all the eyerolling today...?  "I'm gonna ignore your stupidity for a minute and remind you that we're leaving in ten minutes for our meeting with Her Majesty, remember?  Get dressed and meet me and the Ministers outside."

"What time is it?"

"Almost seven in the morning."

"Okay, thanks."

Verity leaves, muttering about Valerie sleeping in my bed, while I drowsily step over to my armoire to pull out my regular set of day clothes.  After setting them aside, I go to the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth and my hair, making sure my curls are as tamed as possible.  I also make sure to give my face a quick wash, feeling a little nervous at being judged the Queen of Fairies.  Mom and Dad said she was nice.  I don't think she'd judge you if your face wasn't as smooth as porcelain, I try to remind myself but fail anyway.

I enter back into my bedroom, and quickly swap my fleecy pyjamas for my regular day clothes.  Grabbing my silky scarf, I gently wrap it around my neck to complete the look.  Sometimes I wonder what I'm going to do with my scarf after I get the Necklace for myself; the scarf would cover it.  Sighing frustratedly at myself, I neatly fold up my sleeping clothes and place them on the bench sitting at the foot of my bed.  You're about to meet the Queen of Fairies for the second time in your life and you're thinking about your damn scarf!