Chapter 29: A Sudden Shock

Hi everyone, SK here.

First off I'd like to apologize for this chapter, and last chapter, just these chapters in general because things are getting worse.  And uh yeah this one will be around the normal length again so yay?

I hope you enjoy it. :)

!!! WARNINGS: Trigger warning (suicidal thoughts, references to self harm)
(If any of you are suffering from suicidal thoughts or are hurting yourselves, please know that you are not alone and that there is a way out.  You have so many people that love you and are willing to listen to your problems, and if not, then DM me.  You are all lovely and worth the world to me, so please please please make sure to get help if you need it. <3)

Valerie

I sit on my knees as I see the devastation around me.  

The cold, empty wind that swiftly blows the cold, dead Air around.

The Earth, covered in blood and rubble.

The taken, their eyes losing their Light as they lose their everything.

Me, the fairy who once again gave into the Darkness in her heart.

All the dead bodies, their eyes devoid of Life.

The Warmth of their blood on my hands.

The growing Storm of despair, dread, and devastation turning into a hurricane.

Coldness, growing in all of our hearts, the ones that are still beating.

Tick tick tick...

I turn around and see a giant hourglass emerge from the ground behind me, pushing the rubble of buildings blessed by magic and the ripped pages of ancient texts aside.  As each grain of sand falls down, it hits the bottom with a ticking sound, as if a clock hand is moving back and forth.  The passing of Time is steady, until it's not anymore.  With horror I watch as they fall faster and faster, the ticking sounds speeding up along with them.  The last grain of sand falls and-

"Valerie, you awake?"

I jump up feeling panicked but I manage to calm myself down quickly.  "Y-Yeah."  What a nightmare... oh, if only it was just that.

I sit up, doing a quick stretch before looking up at the giant face of my friend.  Yesterday I flew over to Leaf's house in a flurry because I had no idea where I was going to go.  I hadn't realized that my friends were also staying there, and I don't want to reveal myself to them just yet even if they know I'm alive.  Leaf and I figured it'd be best if I stayed fairy-size and she just brings me food and water and stuff.  

"You good?" she asks as she sets down some toast and water in front of me.  Human-sized of course but I have magic, I can shrink it down.  "You look like you had a nightmare."

"Not a nightmare, a vision," I tell her.

Her eyes widen.  "Well from your expression it didn't sound good."

"No, it was not."  And now I know that I made yet another grave mistake.  Me not being there may have sealed the fairies into a bad future, a bad ending, but I can't go back if they're not willing to listen.  If they want me back I'm willing to go back, but they have to come get me.

Leaf pauses, clearly unsure on how to continue off of that note, so I continue the conversation instead.  "How are the others?  Did they sleep well?  Did you sleep well, Leaf?"

She chuckles.  "Yeah, I did."  She sits down at her desk chair as I lean up against one of her pencil holders, shrink my breakfast down, and eat it because I am starving.  "The rest of them actually went to school today."