Chapter 20: The Onset of Pain Sparks...

Hi everyone, SK here!

First: I hope you all had a joyous Christmas and holiday season (even if you don't celebrate), despite 2020 being 2020.  I posted a fair amount of unreleased drawings for this book in the latest chapter of my random book as a gift.. so if you haven't taken a peak already, go check it out~!

As promised, lots of important stuff happening this chapter AND next chapter.  First, let's start things off with an unexpected appearance.  I hope you enjoy~!

!!! WARNINGS: Bad Language

Leaf

I'm not going to school today.  

I didn't go yesterday.

I don't intend on going today.

On Monday, after our club meeting, we tried contacting Valerie to find out why she got called down to the office and had to leave early.  Our whacky friends had made their way over to my house to play video games with Red and I.  Her phone always went to voicemail.  Then, the next morning when I check her house to walk to school I get a shock... her house is empty.  No one is there, not her dad, not her.

I know exactly what happened.  That bastard took Valerie away to Arceus knows where, and now they're gone.  My best friend is gone.  

I can't go back there.  I can't go back to school, to the place where that girl, that amazing girl, was able to blossom and be her true self with her best friends.  I can't go back to school, the place where her true home and family were.  

Our group chat, the one that the ten of us normally use, is as dead as... I can't even think it.  None of us know how to talk to each other.  None of us know how to move forward.

Yesterday I spent curled up alone in my bed, crying.  My mom couldn't come in, Red certainly tried his hardest though.  I need to be alone.  

My muscles ache slightly as I stand up and open the window.  The morning light shines into my bedroom, too bright and too warm for me to face at the moment.  The tears come up again.  Of course, I don't know that she is dead, but when both her and her abusive father disappear out of nowhere one can only assume.

Sometimes I thought about the last words that Valerie said to us, the one where she confessed that fairies are real and that her parents are fairies.  With her death is the death of that knowledge, and I hate, I hate myself for being so selfish as to think about that instead of my best friend not being on this earth anymore.

She wasn't even eighteen yet.

I'm not even eighteen yet.

How am I supposed to process the death of my best friend?

My phone dings and I see a text pop up from Red.  

"Leafy, I'm going to come see you today whether you like it or not.  I want to be there for you.  I want to hug you.  I love you. <3"

I smile to myself despite everything.  I have definitely lucked-out in the boyfriend department.  I also look around my room, my room that is now disgusting with dirty plates and glasses that I used yesterday and used tissues littered across the floor.

"Meet me at Sacri Parc.  I don't want you to see my messy room and right now I don't feel like cleaning it."  I know that Red won't judge it, but I don't think he'll appreciate it either.

"K, I'm leaving now Darling," he says.  I send him a simple "K :)" back and get dressed, trying not to think about how much that smiley hurt to type.  It's so hard.