Chapter 57: What If

Normal POV

         The news of Dara’s backing out of Cold Heart caused quite a stir among fans and netizens. And once again, several speculations have surfaced and got strengthen, making her trend on search engines for both positive and negative causes.

           “So is Dara unnie and Donghae oppa really dating or is it just a media play?”

          “Dara and Jaejoong is the real deal, the dating rumors with Donghae oppa are just cover up so people will get distracted from her getting the female role for Cold Heart”

          “Did she back out because Donghae oppa might be uncomfortable or is it because it was too real with Jaejoong? I heard there’s a lot of kissing scenes…”

          “Eh~ I don’t know~ Whoever she’s dating, I don’t care”

          “She needs to straighten it out though, I don’t want feeling confused. Donghae or Jaejoong, just pick one!”

          “I worry if Dara is the reason why Donghae oppa isn’t inside though?”

          “Oh I hope not or else I would really dislike her…”

          Fangirls have gathered in a hallway by the Sukira window, waiting for the show to go on-air. Super Junior is scheduled for Sukira radio today, and unlike their usual guestings – which would only take 2nd half of the show– today they’ll sit in for the entire hour. And like what the fans said, all members are inside except for Donghae.

         “Where’s Hae?” Leeteuk asked, but only got shoulders shuddering in response.

         “I think he went with manager hyung to buy snacks” one replied, all unaware of what’s going on.

         “Excuse me, maam. You can’t go in there!” A disturbance was suddenly heard from outside the door, and it sounded like the guards are stopping someone from barging in. “That’s only for radio guests!”

         “I need to talk to someone” a girl’s voice answered and the door swings open. All heads turned as they saw the petite girl standing in the doorway, panting heavily as she struggles on catching her breath. Her eyes are red and swollen.

         They swiftly rose from their seats in worry, gathering around her. “Dara noona, what happened?! Are you alright? Is there something wrong?”

         “W-where’s Hae?... I…I need to talk to him” she says rubbing her hands on her eyes as she sweeps away the tears to clear her sight. “Please…”

         “He’s out with hyung for a short while. He’ll be back soon. You better sit down first while you wait” Heechul says, patting her head.

         “No! I need to see him now” Dara cries, slapping his hand away.

         The guys exchanged glances, asking each other to go and get Donghae quick. Siwon was the one who volunteered to run downstairs to do the searching, but when he was about to open the door, manager hyung arrives in time. “Where are you going?” He asks.

         “Hyung, where’s fishy?” they asked him right away.

         The relaxed hyung just raises his shoulders. “I don’t know… We weren’t together. He says he’ll just get some fresh air” he says innocently with a bag of snacks in his hands. “Why?”

         Fresh air…

         Fresh air…

         Everyone turned silent thinking of Donghae’s whereabouts, but Dara seems to have known of the possible place he can be and without words, left immediately, leaving the guys in questions.