Chapter 44: Our Official Label

Dara’s POV

Du-dun...

Seriously…

What great courage it is that pushed me to be in my place right now?

Taking the phone, facing his family through video call… I didn’t really plan this one out, I don’t think I can ever do it… but I just did. Donghae has already done a lot for me, and I felt it is just right for me to save his ass this time.

I said I was fine and ready but honestly deep inside I’m shaking and anxious. I smiled at his family through the front cam of his phone and greeted them lovingly as possible.

They were absolutely surprised to see me, but it’s Donghae’s brother who had the biggest reaction.

“Oh! Oh! I can’t believe this! Is this real? S…Sandara Park???” He exclaimed, unsettled on his seat. “Hae-aa! Why didn’t you tell me anything! You’re dating Sandara Park?!? Since when!?”

“Hyung, calm down. We’re not dating…” Donghae says.

“Eh!? Not dating!? But you’re together there right?”

Both our heads nodded together, making his family dubious and furrow their eyebrows. Our relationship status is quite complex, for even us don’t know how to label it, but we tried to explain and simplifying everything for easy understanding.

“So you’re like a couple but isn’t official yet?” Donghwa recited what he understood. Our heads moved again. “Still! You should have told us something, Hae… Imagine from being your crush, now she’s your girlfriend or something”

“Crush?” I asked.

“Don’t you know? He has a crush on you since the day you’ve met” I looked at Donghae as I am innocent of what his older brother just revealed.

If you think about it. We didn’t get to talk about things before actually… a lot of drama and stuffs get into the scene all the time that it just pass by and get forgotten. Remember that time when he said saranghae noona, it wasn’t cleared up who that noona is because the incident with Jaejoong and Ji happened.

Even when he confessed, we didn’t have the time to sit alone together after and discuss about his feelings, like how did he fell in love with me? Since when? And why?

All this time I thought I was different from the noona he’s originally inlove with. My guess was Song Hye Kyo for she has always been known as his crush, and that last year they were casted in a drama together but it was cancelled but reported that they become friends (providing support to their statement before that he’s happy because he has finally become friends with the one he likes)

I really thought he just had feelings for me while spending a lot of time with each other for the past weeks, like how I happen to fall for him. What the hell, then all those time I was crying about and having troubles with Jiyong I was unknowingly hurting him already.

What a tough guy he is really….

…and ridiculously crazy.

Seriously, how can he not tell me sooner?

Donghae’s mom stayed quiet while Donghwa continues to talk with me about random stuffs. I believe she was observing me, from the way I talk, answer things and to how I nervous and uncomfortable I look. I reckon she was going to stay like that for the entire call, but she didn’t.

The time she opened her mouth and spoke, it made my nerves shiver in fear. “Can you boys please leave? I want to talk to her alone”

“Omma…” Donghae cries in protest.