Chapter 50: A Smile in Your Heart

Normal POV

“And the award goes to....”

Dugun dugun dugun dugun dugun....

“Lee Donghae!!!!”

“Wooo!”a number of hands claps together, and cheered. The young MC walks towards his audiences’ area and gives a handmade award and a spatula to Donghae.

“Congratulations, Lee Donghae. You are the cheesiest, toughest, most selfless, foolish, and the most babo boyfriend of all! And you are the only one to ever hold that title”

Donghae takes the spatula out of Goon’s hand, but not to make his speech, rather to hit him with it.

Taking defense, Goon laughs. “Ya, it’s actually a compliment. Imagine, normally boyfriends would be mad and upset, but you were able to stand through it” he says, taking the spatula out of his boss’s hand. “Even Ken who is equally understanding and more mature than you would give up in such complex situation... No offense, noona”

Dara shakes her head and just smiled, taking no breach or whatsoever. He was right about it anyway. Donghae on the other hand was the one offended in her stead. His eyes landed on the other side of the leather couch and found a pillow to throw... But both his hands were busy holding Dara.

He glances at her for permission to let go but she furrowed her eyebrows to a no.

She’s still pretty much quiet and coy today, to shake her off from the drama would still take a while, but it’s a relief that things are better now.

After their dramatic and heavy conversation yesterday, both have calmed and released each other from those tight embraces. They took a sit on the floor by the end of Dara’s bed, and with the cup of melted ice cream in their hands, they joyfully shared spoonful of sweet treat while they chat about how the past days have been for them without each other.

“Op! I think I better go, Jagi...” Donghae exclaims after checking his phone. A flood of messages are unread in his inbox, all from their manager telling him it’s time to come back now.

Due to the dating rumors, they’re taking extra caution on not to be caught. They should limit their personal affairs and activities for the meantime. But despite the strict protocol they have let Donghae go, because he was really dying to see her.

He says goodbye to the rest of the Park family members, Mama Park who was relieved he was able to take her out of her room also felt pretty bummed that he won’t be able to eat her cooking again.

“Don’t worry. I will be back again next time, omma”

Omma? Dara pulled a skeptical look at him as she sends him out to the main door.

He chuckles, meeting her glare. “I was just being loveable to her”

“If my mom dies in a fangirl heart attack, I will have you blamed, okay?” she says watching him bend over to tie his shoes. When he was done, he stands up before her with a loving smile.

“Let’s go out tomorrow”

“Where are we going?”

“Grill5Taco? See the trio... watch a movie or do something fun... Just go out and date”

“Are you sure it’s alright?”

“Yeah~ I’ll pick you up, okay?”

Dara slowly nodded her head, trying to smile.