Chapter 56: The Chosen Path

Dara's POV

I opened the door to Donghae’s room and found him asleep with Haeru in his embrace, he looks absolutely adorable. I sat on one side of the bed, watching him as he slumber.

“Looks like that bunny helps him dream well” Lee omma says while standing by the door. And I think it does, he’s been tired lately and now I can see him all relaxed.

But seeing him like this eases my heart.

“Go ahead and kiss him”

“EH? Aniyooo” I shyly looked at his mom. I’m not thinking that, do I look like I’m planning to kiss him?

“You look like you really had a bad day, so I’ll let you kiss him, so atleast you’ll cheer up” she says lovingly.

However, even if I got her permission, I still would like to wait and follow the one month rule. To prove that what I feel for Donghae was real, and that kissing was just a frosting of a cupcake that I can eat even without it and still find it exceptionally good.

“But can I stay here for a little longer?” I asked her instead.

“Stay whenever you like” she smiles and closes the door, leaving us be.

I lifted up the sheets and scooted to lie next to him, with Haeru between us I slid my hand to his body and embraced him.

I stayed there in the silence, for several minutes, embracing the warmth and tranquility of everything, forgetting all else and wishing this to become forever.

Donghae still didn’t move from his spot, but I wonder what he and Se7en talked about though. But I can guess they’ve talked about a lot, including my drama probably.

Speaking of drama, I’ve been asked again to choose between love and my dreams. They may not specifically told me to break up with Donghae, but for me to deny the relationship feels like the same thing.

With all the rumors going on and the threatening of the press, we stayed never confirmed or deny everything, because we’re still enjoying the time together, stabling our careers and our relationship before we let other people be involved in it.

I don’t want to deny just for the sake of drama promotion. No. Because that’s just fooling my fans, and if I deny it then later on that press decided to reveal the truth, then who will be bashed now?

Also denying it would sound as if I’m not confident to be with Donghae, so no…

Although I really want to be an actress badly… even if it’s already within my reach. I can’t bear to feel the same of losing someone again.

And I won’t survive it if it’s Donghae… thus,

“I choose you” I whispered.

* * * *

Normal POV

Donghae woke up around 10 in the morning, feeling a little sore on his limbs. After grabbing coffee, se7en and he went to go basketball to shake out all his frustrations and stress. And it worked, he feels great now and ready to seize the day.

“Omma… What’s for breakfa----eh?” He walks out of his room towards the kitchen but instead of seeing his mom, eunhyuk was sitting in the living room, eating the meal his mom prepared. “Where’s mom?”

Eunhyuk just grinned and pointed to where the refridgerator is.

[ Hae-aa,