Chapter 60: Still You

Donghae’s POV

         “I still love you, Dara…”

         “I still love you too, Hae…”    

        Hearing that just puts this smile on my face, I can feel my mouth twitch upwards more and more to a wide grin, but then…

        "Hae..."   

         "Hae..."

         I felt Dara's warm hand touch my shoulder and that’s when I just came back to my senses.

         And back to reality.

         "Wow you've been spacing out rather long..." she says looking at me strangely with her eyebrows meeting in the middle.

         I blinked my eyes several times as they finally grasped the sudden change of scene. From our kissing turned back to the moment where I was still thinking of what to do or what to say to her. And I realized that Dara and I are still not okay. She’s still in a grumpy mood and we haven’t reconciled yet.

         Meaning all of that I just saw or happened are....

         ...just my imagination... 

         I’m so pathetic to expect things to be easy. I left her and broke my word. As if a kiss or an ‘I love you’ would fix it. But what a perfect image that was. Seriously, it was so beautiful. Dear God, why can’t it be real?

         For a few solid seconds I saw those deep round eyes look back at me, but she quickly averts them together with removing her hand off me. We were awfully quiet after, and really awkward.

         TamTam and Haeru sets as a wall between us, a wall that I can easily bridge over if I wanted to, but I don’t think I’m allowed to though.

         Her fingers were playing the nose of the red weird looking plushie, pinching it and poking it strongly. She must have missed it, it’s also been months since the last time she saw Haeru.

         I wonder if she notices how I haven’t washed it ever, I was afraid that her scent on it would be gone so I couldn’t dare bathe him no matter if he’s white tummy almost looking gray now.

         I continued to stare at her while her gaze continuously avoids mine, but I know she was just waiting for me to say a word.

          In my imagination i just said sorry... and then everything flowed from there. But now I’m attempting to do it again, I couldn’t. My mouth was open but no words are coming out of it. I didn’t know what to say first.

         My confidence, boldness and courage before were all gone ever since I lost her. And now, I couldn’t find my way back, I don’t know how I would be able to fix what I broke…

         I puckered my lips together, submerged my face on the pillow I was resting in, holding back my tears as my heart continues to throb painfully against my chest. Sht Hae… This is all your fault.

* * * *

Dara's POV

        I knew it.

         I knew there was something fishy. It was weird when Chaerin agreed that our rooms to be separated. And that exchange of glances between Dana and Bommie was truly suspicious.