Chapter 16: It's Her

The sky looks gloomy, snow falls non-stop, the weather is bitterly colder but it still doesn’t stop the two from playing in the park.

They are harmoniously laughing as they finish their masterpiece.

“Okay. This is good… Take a picture”

Dara poses together with their snowman. Donghae stand a few meters away and takes a number of shots. “Okay it’s your turn”

They switched places and takes photos.

“Is it okay now?” Donghae jogs in place while rubbing his arms up and down. Apparently because his jacket and scarf are what’s used for the snowman’s attire.

Dara bobbed her head slightly and in a swift he started stripping the snowman. The wind was blowing softly and cold, freezing every bone in their body. Donghae was sliding the final sleeve of his jacket to his arm when his eyes landed on Dara, she was still preoccupied with scanning through the shots, smiling.

“Come here” Donghae pulls her closer to him, he brushes off the bits of snow that had landed on her head first then puts on her hat.

She flinched a little but her position was still in itself, pretending as if she wasn’t bothered by it at all. Her smile lessen though, there was this butterfly feeling inside her. She can’t understand how come there was such an effect on her.

“There” he said through his scarf.

“T…Thanks” she says awkwardly. She bent down to get her bag and hanged it over her. “Shall we go?”

“Already?” He checks on his watch. He was surprised to see what time it is. He takes out his phone. He missed a few text messages – from Eunhyuk and Jihyun, both asking where he is.

“Is that Jihyun?”

“Nae”

“Ohhh… Are you going to see her?” by the sound of her voice, you can tell it wasn’t a question but more of a tease.

“Why, are you jealous?” He asked as a counter attack.

"Tss..." Dara snickered. “Aniyo… I just knew she’s the one you liked”

Donghae laughs. Don’t really know what’s funny about what she has said.

“I knew you would think that.” It’s that staff’s fault. “Jihyun’s just a really close friend”

“So it’s not her?” Dara asked. She really thought it’s her, well because normally only couples are the ones who goes out on Valentine’s Day. “Then who? Don’t tell me…”

Dara looks at him. He knows she’s going to spit her name next as a pun, so he just decided to leave. “Let’s just go”

Dara chuckles while they walk away.

Nah, it couldn’t possibly me… She thought.

Donghae brought her home to their dormitory and by the door they stood. “Go warm yourself once you get in alright?” he tells her while she places her keys to unlock.

“Yes, sir!” she said in mockery.

“I’m serious, ice cream, in winter and playing snow will make you catch a cold”

The Super Junior member used a serious and expression, making the noona realize he’s really concerned about her. “Arasso, arasso… Look I’m a grown woman, I got this okay?”

“Mmm…Hmmm…” Donghae hummed.

When the door swings open, she turns the lights on… Obviously even CL or anyone is at home. “Would you like to come in and warm yourself too?”