Chapter 14: The End of Us

Dara’s POV

“Are you sure? I can take you if you want to”

“It’s fine. Just stay”

Jiyong sighs deeply. “Are you mad?”

“No…” Kiko says shaking her head.

“Ya… I know you…” He moves closer to her and holds her hands. “I’m sorry. I was just…”

“…really worried” Kiko ended his sentence then sighs. “Look you don’t have to explain. I completely understand… You love her…”

Her voice has a tone of sadness in it, but she still manages to put a calm face at Jiyong.

Earlier when he hugged me and I hugged him back, we didn’t realize she was actually standing next to us. And when I finally take a notice and saw her there, she was even looking at me kindly. Kindly! Even if right before her she sees her boyfriend embracing his ex tightly in worry. She’s being nice.

Although I’m thankful she wasn’t a complete bitch about it, but who knows what she truthfully could’ve felt that time.

“Make sure to take care of her okay?” She then says in a low voice before pulling herself away from him.

“Kiko...” I hear Jiyong’s voice all so gloomy and dismayed as he watches her fix her hold on the strap of her bag, preparing to leave.

She looks at him and broke a smile. “Don’t sound like that. I’m fine… I swear…”

A stingy feeling occurred to me next when I saw Jiyong pulled her to him and kissed her. The same way he kisses me when he wants to assure me of his feelings, deep and zealous.

My heart throbbed more when I heard him say “Don’t leave me, please…” in a soft tone.

Kiko lifts her chin up to meet his gaze, moving her hands on his face, gently caressing it with eyes so loving and tender.

 “Don’t worry I won’t go anywhere. I will be here for you, as always…" she smiles "But this time you need to be with her…”

How can she say those words?  I felt a lump in my throat.

I hate how kind she is. I hate how she still cares for me when practically I’m the hindrance to their relationship now. I’m his ex come on, can’t she act like a normal girlfriend would? Why is she so understanding of him?

I hate how she can be more understanding than I am. I hate how she can be there for him when I wasn’t able to.

… I hate how I can’t be like that…

If I was her today, I’m pretty sure Ji and I will be fighting again… Yes fight, that’s always been a common thing between us. I don’t know why, the spark of love is still there but we tend to fire up in argument easily even on the simplest conflict.

These are the same reasons why I always get jealous of Kiko. I envy her. She is calm and considerate; she does not jump into conclusions ahead. If she was me months ago, would she break up with Jiyong too? Or would she give up her dreams and go with him?

From what I witness now, she probably would’ve chosen what I didn’t. She takes the risks on dating him even after only a few months breaking up with me and trusted him, despite what others may think. She stayed by his side.

The two parted with rested hearts, Kiko kissed him again for goodbye and rode the van Jiyong asked to take her with.

For a few minutes, he stayed standing in the parking area, sighing in frustration then turns around and found me behind the cement partition.