Chapter 54: Shake Up

Donghae’s POV

I love seaweed soup.

It’s one of my favourite foods.

And one of the few things I find for my ideal girl is someone who can make seaweed soup for me.

However, Dara doesn’t know how.

But it doesn’t make her less my ideal.

And besides… there’s mom to deal with that.

“Next time you come here, Dara, I’ll teach you how to make it, okay?” Mom tells Dara while stirring the ladle on the huge hot pot.

“Yes, Mrs. Lee…” I heard Dara say while assisting her in the kitchen.

“Oh come on! Didn’t I tell you to call me, omma!” mom cries, trying to make her comfortable. I stayed in the living room playing with Mio and Bada, watching as the two loves of my life bonded over cooking. “In addition to his favorites… he loves seafood too… Any seafood dishes! I better teach you everything so when you get married you already know, nae?”

Mom was completely set apart from the one who was scolding us earlier, now she’s very warm and motherly. She prepared a lovely dinner with all of her signature dishes and the three of us feasted together. It was still awkward between us, I can see how stiff Dara is on the side of my eyes.

After a few hours, it was time for Dara to go home; her manager came to pick her up and before she goes out the door, she bows politely to mom, thanking her for the dinner and for her understanding.

“Be sure to come back again” mom says, hugging her quick.

“Nae, omma” the other blushes.

“That’s more like it” Mom smiles widely, leaving her side joyfully. But when it was my turn to say my farewell, mom was still on sight. “I’m sorry…” I whispered to Dara, brushing her hair back. I’m pretty sure how embarrassed she was tonight.

“It’s okay” Dara smiles, bringing my hand down. “Jjangmae is waiting downstairs, I better go”

No… My head filled with that word alone. No… Like I would let her leave without kissing her?

I glanced at mom to ask permission to let me kiss her even for one last time before the stupid rule starts, and fortunately she was kind enough to allow us. After seeing her bob her head for a go, I immediately pulled Dara to me and kissed her deeply.

It was just a quick one though; with the pair of eyes watching us of course Dara would be shy to dare returning an aggressive fervour.

When she finally have gone and left, we’re back to dealing about the matter that just happened. I started following mom inside.

Slightly desperate.

And begging.

“Omma, please. Take it back” I stood next to her while she ignores me with the dirty plates piled to be washed. “Take back the one month rule please~”

Her ignoring became worse when it’s the frying pan what’s  needed to be washed, all the stuck burns on the surface were giving her a hard time to get rid of.

Earlier Dara was about to wash them, but she declined and pushed her out of the kitchen. Now I offered to help her with it, she pushes me away too.

“Just sit there quietly and watch TV”

“No… Not unless you take back the rule.” I continued. “Please ma… I’m sorry about what you saw, we really didn’t mean to shock you…”