Chapter 32: My Confession

Normal POV

The entire trip, no one was talking. Only the music from the stero can be heard; mostly they are OPM and songs from YG or FinKL.

Come on, Hae. Speak. He glances over to her side whenever he gets the chance. She was just looking out the window and in deep thoughts. He bites and licks on his lips as he tries to come up with something to say.

The awkward atmosphere starts to be suffocating.

Suddenly, one song in Dara’s playlist started playing.

At first one would find it relaxing and easing with all the guitar accompaniment in the intro.

But apparently the song made things worse.

Don’t you know that I want to be more than just your friend…

Dara’s eyes glance over the stereo quickly. Oh my God, why does it have to play now? Is the universe playing tricks at me?

MYMP – Say You Love Me

Her gaze slightly turned to him, yet he was just calmly driving. He glances back at her a second after. “Nae?”

“Ani…” she shyly turned her face away. Feeling a bit relieved for he seems to be so focus on driving that he doesn’t hear the music well.

But she just doesn’t know that Donghae was just pretending to be calm. He knows the song too, he has heard and listened to it before, and now he also feels equally uneasy as the song kept on going.

And how it keeps saying ‘Say You love Me’ like encouraging him to do so.

However it was Dara who got the courage to speak up “Hae…” she murmured. “About last night…”

Donghae’s hands grippedd tightly on the wheel, in preparation. Here it goes…

“Uhm… I…” Dara looked down her hands, wresting her thumbs together while her chest starts to tauten in. Ohmygahhhh why is this so hard??? You can do this dee, just ask him about it? “Can you pull over a bit?”

He pulls over to an open road next to an empty open field.

“I’m sorry… I just… could you give me a while” Dara unbuckles her seatbelt and gets off her car. She exhales heavily with her hands covering her face. Omaygahhh I’m not ready… What is this feeling? It’s crazy… I can’t… Ughhhhhhh….

Donghae looks at her worriedly watching her through the window in front. Seeing her that bothered and frustrated makes him feel super bad and guilty.

He steps out the car and stands beside her with one hand in his pocket, and one behind his neck.

“Dara, if you were offended by the kiss, I’m really sorry” he says, head down. “I really didn’t mean to scare you”

“Ani…” she responded, shaking her head and slowly placing her hands down. “I wasn’t offended or scared… I was more confused… and surprised… super…”

“I’m sorry…”

“Stop saying sorry. It just makes me feel upset” she says. “I’m not mad or anything. I just don’t know how to deal with this…”

She sighs again in frustration, Donghae was the same.

With all the silence between the two, they could still hear the song that’s playing inside the car. Dara must have left her door still slightly open.