$𝟕.𝟓𝟖

♡♦♡I LIKED IT BETTER WHEN YOU SLEPT AT IVY'S♡♦♡

♡♦♡
I LIKED IT BETTER WHEN YOU SLEPT AT IVY'S
♡♦♡

For the next two months, Harley Quinn finds herself in a strange, dream-like state. The routine is a new one, and one she can't get used to. With the battle between Oswald Cobblepot and Fish Mooney now done and over with, there aren't too many missions for her to take on, and no one else in Gotham, besides Barbara Kean and the Fish, wants to hire the Joker's old girl, especially now that she has a big, fat target hot-glued to the back of her head.

They know better than to associate themselves with her. And no matter how much Harley proves herself to them — that she can take care of herself and get things done — it just isn't a enough for the people of Gotham to respect her again. Without her King, she is just another widowed Queen who has lost her spot to the throne.

During this time, she wakes up in her New York loft around nine — which she has yet to pay the rent for — has breakfast and feed her babies before returning to her day job at the local diner. Then, around four, she returns home, changes her clothes and heads out again to scout for a second job.

Working an eleven to seven job at Superbabes doesn't even cover half of her rent. She fears that soon she will have to give up the loft and move elsewhere more affordable, as she has already blown out all of the money she received from pawning Esme and her mother's jewelry on her brand new car, furniture, new clothes and the down payment for the apartment.

Now, that is just her routine on the weekdays. On the weekends, anything goes. There are days where she picks up small jobs throughout the day and returns home at midnight. And other days, she parties all throughout the day with her friends.

It is hard for the dame in Gotham, but she always back on her feet and just wipes her tears and sweat away. It's safe to say that she feels ready now. Ready to finally move on, to make new friends. It is time for Gotham to meet the new Harley Quinn, so she begins to really put herself out there.

And as much as she misses Edward, her newly found freedom of being on her own feels empowering. There is no one telling her what to do, where to go, or when to go. She is no longer under constant moderation, and is finally free to do whatever whenever she pleases.

Every once in a while, her friend Poison Ivy will warn her half heartedly about not getting too out of hand at the parties she attends and to stay focused on handling the massive debt she's under, but it's hardly over protective, like she has been treated for the past year. And even before that, her mother needed to constantly know where she was and who she was with. Charlie was only slightly better.

Now, she feels an uplifting liberation that she plans to enjoy to its fullest. And for the first time since Edward's departure, she feels happy. She and Ivy are practically always together, inseparable til the very end of time. Their times together are always so lighthearted and fun.