𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

♢♦♢ACTUALLY, NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT, I'VE ALWAYS BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP WHERE THE OTHER PERSON BROUGHT A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SIDE OF ME

♢♦♢
ACTUALLY, NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT, I'VE ALWAYS BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP WHERE THE OTHER PERSON BROUGHT A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SIDE OF ME.. OR IS IT THE OTHER WAY? GEEZ, ALICE! I'M NOT SURE IF I ATTRACT CRAZY OR IF I MAKE THEM THAT WAY
♢♦♢

The short, black-haired vampire guides the criminally insane seventeen-year-old up the flight of carefully designed stairs in order to keep her and herself occupied while Bella and the Cullen family continue to talk downstairs. As they ascend, the blonde takes in all of the fancy, one-of-kind decor pieces from around the world. There are Ethiopian crosses, Dresden China, Asian scrolls and so much more that make the interior of the house beautiful. Finally, they reach the landing to find a wall of dozens of artistically arrayed silk squares with tassels. Harley tilts her head to the side and looks closer at the strange piece of art. ".. Cupcake, are those.. graduation caps," she asks.

"Hmm?" Alice stops in her tracks and spins to find Harley curiously staring at the board. "Oh," she laughs, "It's just a private joke between my family and I. We move schools a lot, so whenever we graduate, Esme takes our graduation caps and puts them on there."

Harley looks up at her with a pair of innocent eyes and an understanding frown. "School must suck, don't it?"

"Hmm..," Alice descends a single step and stands directly in front of the blue-eyes human,"Not really." She turns and stares at the neatly organized graduation caps. "When you have nothing but time, going to school becomes the most interesting thing you do."

"Awe, Pud'.." Harley's eyes soften. She ascends a step and rests the side of her head on Alice's marble-like shoulder. The both of them stare at the unique art piece. ".. Have ya ever thought of doin' somethin' different? Like, maybe.. going to college, like me, or working a professional job."

Alice smiles down at her. "We have. We all studied something. Esme studied architecture, art and photography, Edward has two medical degrees, Rosalie did electrical engineering and business, and I have several degrees in fashion design and international business. I actually worked with Gianni Versace in his 1991's Spring lineup. I helped him with the Marilyn Monroe dress in her 'Pop' collection," she replies.

Harley gasps and looks at her. "The one with Naomi Campbell," she asks. Alice proudly nods her head. The human blonde grins. "Tell me more," she says, genuinely interested in Alice's adventures. She wraps her arm around the vampire's shoulders and walks with her up the stairs. They continue to talk as they make their way to Alice's room.

Not too far from the Cullen's home, in Grisham Mill, a muscular security guard, crouched in a dark corner, releases a ragged breath. Tears and sweat drips off his terrified face as he breathes in short gasps. He tries his best to stay silent, but his attacker has a set of highly sensitive ears. Suddenly, he sees a shadow move past him at the speed of light. He jerks around when another shadow flies past him. The security guard, terrified, bolts up the flight of stairs. The harsh lights from the exterior of the mill striate him while he tries to move as fast as he possibly can. He desperately runs for his life, constantly looking over his shoulder with terror.