𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐲

♢♦♢

♢♦♢
.. SO I ASK MYSELF, WHAT'S EDWARD CULLEN WANT WITH AN INNOCENT SOUL LIKE BELLA? IT'S KIND OF A MISMATCH.. RAISES ALL KINDS OF QUESTIONS
♢♦♢

"Are we there yet," Harley Quinn asks for what seems like the millionth time today. She wears a large grin on her face as she leans over the truck's console center.

Her cousin looks at her through the rear-view mirror and shakes her head. "We're fifteen minutes away," she answers.

Harley frowns, leans her head back and closes her eyes. A moment later she opens them again and leans in, looking at her cousin. "How about now," she asks. Bella purses her lips and shakes her head after looking at her GPS. Rolling her eyes, Harley releases a sigh and leans her head against the window. She notices the truck approaching a street nearby a 7-Eleven and points to the munchie store. "Do me a favor, Pud', skip over to that bodega over there and get me a slushy."

Confused, Bella looks at her through the rear-view mirror and furrows her eyebrows. ".. Right now," she asks. Just as confused, Edward turns his head to look at Harley.

"Please? I'm sure ya old man and lady can wait, can't they, Eddie," Harley asks, shooting the immortal vampire a bright smile. Edward glances at Bella and shrugs his shoulders. The brunette nods her head and pulls up to the 7-Eleven store. She removes her seatbelt and turns off the car. "Need a buck," Harley asks behind her. She holds up a twenty dollar bill with her middle and pointer finger.

"I got it, Harls," Bella replies. She shakes her head and climbs out of her truck.

Harley speaks again while watching the brunette disappear inside the bodega. ".. Poor, Bellsies. She just.. doesn't know who she is yet. You know.. she's searching. I was the same way when I was Pud's age. Confused and highly impressionable. But she thinks a world of you," she begins. She clicks her tongue and leans toward, staring into Edward's golden eyes. The auburn-haired vampire looks back at her and decides to stay quiet. He let's her continue. ".. So I ask myself, what's Edward Cullen want with an innocent soul like Bella? It's kind of a mismatch.. Raises all kinds of questions." She narrows her eyes, her thoughts too wild and clouded for the mind reader to catch a single word.

".. What makes you think it's a mismatch," he asks.

Harley's face breaks into a wide grin. "Well, isn't it obvious? A man such as yourself is.. designed to kill. It's not a trait you necessarily want your in-laws to know. I wanna have an idea as to what you get from rubbin' shoulders with the likes of us," Harley hints to knowing something dark and secretive.

Edward's eyes narrows in size. "..What do you mean, Harleen?"

"Come on, Eddie. Don't pee on my foot and call it damn rain. You know exactly what I mean," she replies. She narrows her eyes, skeptical of his love for Bella. "What are ya doin' to her? Hmm? Flava'ing up tha' meat before ya eat it, huh, Bats," she continues to tease him. This is when Edward comes to the realization that a psychotic criminal, whom got out of Death Row less than twenty-four hours ago, knows of the existence of vampires. Meanwhile he rethinks this, Harley cups her chin and throws a smile his way.