𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝟕𝟓𝟎

♡♦♡I NEED TA GET MY HANDS ON THAT NEW CHATTY BOO-BOO DOLL BEFORE THEY WENT ON SALE TOMORROW♡♦♡

♡♦♡
I NEED TA GET MY HANDS ON THAT NEW CHATTY BOO-BOO DOLL BEFORE THEY WENT ON SALE TOMORROW
♡♦♡

Forks, Washington and Gotham, New York aren't all that different one harlequin realizes as she peers through the window of a well-lit toy shop, angry clouds of rain gathering up above her head. Her big, blue, child-like eyes light up with joy as she stares at the several displays of plush toys and cute collectibles. In fact, it rains so often in Forks that she sometimes feels she hasn't left home at all. Her small hand, clothed in a pink lace glove, takes a hold of the shop's door handle, tiny bells jingling above her head as she pulls it towards her and takes a step inside the shop. But Forks was a fresh start, one she desperately needed.

The loud cheering and high-pitched cries of small children sound all throughout the shop as she enters inside. Anxious shoppers brush past her as they come in and out of the store, scurrying for Christmas presents. In the middle of this mess is a large Christmas tree lit up with multicolor lights and several-colored ornaments. Not too far away from it sits a massive pile of stuffed hedgehogs, foxes and.. hyenas?

Forks was an escape from her dangerous life in Gotham, a get away from the ghosts that seemed to be waiting for her around every corner. If she were to ever return to New York, you can expect her head to be served on a silver plate. There are more people that want her dead than alive. And that speaks volumes of the type of person that was birthed from Harleen Frances Quinzel.

Harley Quinn.

Sure, living here isn't very adventurous, but that's the way Harleen prefers it. She'd rather live a quiet, unadventurous life with kids and a husband than not live at all. One thing her cousin's former lover, Edward Cullen, gets wrong about her is her hate for living. But she loves it! You can practically say she thrives on routine now. Everyday, for a year now, she rises with the gloomy sun, leaves her uncle's tiny home and walks five blocks to the circus.

Several times now, her ma and pops have showed their distaste for having their daughter live so far away from home, but even they understand that Gotham is no longer a safe place for her, not even Coney Island, her birthplace. New York overall isn't a safe place for her. She's harmed too many people. After what happened to the love of her life, she needed a new beginning. At least, that was how her father phrased it.

Nonetheless, Harley loves her little life in Forks, even if it isn't filled with thrill and excitement.. And her uncle's house doesn't make all that bad. If she's being honest with herself, she'd rather live in a two bedroom home with her cousin and uncle than her dank apartment in New York, or the other places her and the Joker used to crash in whenever the police was after them. It always differed from abandoned amusement parks to old circuses, to old, deserted warehouses. Hell, she'd rather take back her old, tiny studio apartment, barely large enough to hold an air mattress, than ever return to any of those places.