𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

♡♦♡TROUBLE IN PARADISE, I SEE♡♦♡

♡♦♡
TROUBLE IN PARADISE, I SEE
♡♦♡

Moments after excusing herself to go upstairs, Harley Quinn appears at the top of the stairs, pushing the heavy box in front of her. It's now wrapped in metallic green wrapping paper. It looks like regular birthday present, completed with a slightly larger lid and a massive, green bow on top with a label poking out. With her grin intact, she looks down to find everybody looking up at her with the same expression of curiosity and confusion.

"Time to open presents," she announces cheerily, finally reaching the bottom step. She giggles, mischief in her laughter as she plops down next to Rosalie on the living room couch. "Had it imported from Seattle," she laughs again, knowing something they obviously don't. "Come on, Bellsies! Open it!"

"Harls.." Bella protests, a martyr's pleading expression on her face. "I told you I didn't want anything –"

"But I didn't listen," she sings, finishing her cousin's sentence for her. Another disturbing giggle escapes, putting Edward on alert. That's never a good sign. "Now, open it! Open it! Open it! Open it," she encourages, clapping her hands excitedly.

Something must've slipped through her thoughts because now Edward is eyeing her suspiciously. "What's in the box, Harleen?"

She continues to laugh as everyone watches. "Oh, Eddie! You really don't know how presents work!"

"Harley," Charlie warns, standing by his daughter. "What is it? Tell me now." There's that fatherly tone.

She simply raises her arms in the air whilst grinning at them. "That's the point, though! It's a secret - a special surprise for Bellsies from yers truly!"

Emmett, standing by the box with his arms crossed, slightly leans forward to look at the strange box. He looks at her and lifts an eyebrow. "Wait," he starts, just as suspicious as his brother, "are those air holes? And.. is that rattling?"

Sure enough, the box is moving slightly from side to side. Inside, they hear what sounds like noises coming from an animal. It sounds like a loud - 'mmm-mmffm.'

Her blue eyes flicker from Bella to Emmett. "Uh, maybe.." her response sounds more like a question.

"Harleen, what the hell is inside this box," Charlie asks again, pointing to the gift.

"Sorry, uncle," she responds with a cheeky smile. "Can't ruin the surprise for Bellsies!" They watch her carefully as she starts to look around the room, noticing how the cake has been cut into. "Hey," she whines while pointing to it, "did ya dig into the cake without me?"