𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐆𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐔𝐩 𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

♡♦♡PEOPLE LIKE ME, WE DON'T GET NORMALIF ANYTHING, EDWARD, YOU'RE MY NORMAL YOU'RE WHO I WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH, WHETHER THAT'S FOR THE REMAINING FIFTY YEARS OR SO OF MY LIFE OR FOR ETERNITY♡♦♡

♡♦♡
PEOPLE LIKE ME, WE DON'T GET NORMAL
IF ANYTHING, EDWARD, YOU'RE MY NORMAL YOU'RE WHO I WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH, WHETHER THAT'S FOR THE REMAINING FIFTY YEARS OR SO OF MY LIFE OR FOR ETERNITY
♡♦♡

Hours on top of hours passed by, and there was still no sight of Edward Cullen. Harleen waited for him, repeating his promise to return in her head. She counted sheep and continuously glanced at the clock sitting on her bedside table until she couldn't no more. She finally accepted he wasn't going to show up.

It was a few hours after midnight when she couldn't fight off the sleep anymore. Her eyes felt moist and droopy and her limbs were beginning to melt into her bed. She peeled her eyes from her ceiling and looked over at Bernie, who laid beside her like her very own protector. She hiccuped a sob. Her pet beaver was then grabbed by the leg and pulled to her chest tightly.

Now she sleeps soundlessly in her bed, her eyes closed shut into a deep sleep.

"Are you asleep," a voice asks quietly. It's him.

She doesn't mutter a sound. After discussing with his family, it finally sunk in. This is it... the last night. He's pleading internally with himself to just extend the deadline for another day. But it's now too late because now his family are preparing the move.

Now that Harleen is asleep the pain returns to him in full measure. Memories of the day floods into his mind. The moment he broke her continues to replay over and over. The thoughts alone makes his every bone feel like they're on fire. He's burning from the inside out. Pain continues to swell inside him at the prospect of losing her. It's pain beyond anything he has ever felt before and his body is still in one piece, though, it feels like it's slowly being ripped in two.

"Harleen," her calls her name again. "Harleen.. Harley.."

The final call of her name finally wakes her up. She sits up slowly, dazed and confused. She's heavy eyed and has tousled hair. Her eyes peak from their eyelids and look up at him. She looks sad. "You didn't come.."

He has to look away because he knows if he looks into her blue seas he will crumble under her. "I deeply apologize. I had to help my parents clean up," he responds, not totally lying.

She nods her head, knowing there's more to this. Finally, his eyes meet hers, and her heart sinks to the soles of her feet. ".. Edward?"

"Come take a walk with me, please," he suggests quietly.

She doesn't answer. Her face drains of all color as her eyes become wary. And for a split second, she becomes as pale as she was when she first arrived to Forks. Edward doesn't wait for her to answer. He puts his arms around her waist and pulls her out of the bed. Everything happens quickly as he holds her in his arms, runs across the room and jumps out the window. Her blonde hair hits her face as the wind swirls around her. Finally, his feet land on the ground.