𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬

♡♦♡WE'RE ALL A LITTLE CRAZYIT'S NOT A COMPETITION, REALLY♡♦♡

♡♦♡
WE'RE ALL A LITTLE CRAZY
IT'S NOT A COMPETITION, REALLY
♡♦♡

It has been a week since Edward Cullen had left his girlfriend of a year, and things had gone from bad to worse. The different voices in her head had been getting louder and her sleeping pattern had worsened, Edward's visitation in her dreams the cause of all this. She hadn't been able to sleep peacefully for days, waking up in screams whenever she'd doze off. By the time Monday approached, Charlie was ready to explode. He's gotten to the point where he'd doze her with sleeping tablets just to chill her out for a few hours so he could at least get a few hours of sleep. Harley was fully aware, of course. It was her idea. She felt bad, truly. Still does.

Bella's massive, red truck is seen pulling up to Jacob Black's house in the reservation, a black tarp covering up something big in the back. A pale, tattooed hand is dangling from the passenger window. It belongs to the one, and only, Harley Quinn. Her blonde hair capers joyously with the wind, meanwhile her eyes dance with madness.

After days of taking medication to sleep and the entire Forks and Seattle fire station trying to put out the forest fire she started, things have finally started to go back to normal - somewhat.

Summer finally arrived five days ago, but air is still raw, so she lets it cool her off. All throughout the drive to the reservation, a pair of brown eyes belonging to her cousin have been glued to the side of her face. They show worry and concern..

Harleen has never felt and looked as dead as she does now. Ever. That night he broke up with her and she returned back home after setting the meadow on fire, she thought she'd be strong to conquer this.. but she isn't. She doesn't feel it, at least. Their separation is nothing like what she's ever felt before. The weekly break ups she experienced with the Joker doesn't even compare to this.. You'd think after years of living with the Joker she'd be used to a little pain.

There's a nasty rot within her, something that doesn't allow her to smile, laugh, eat or sleep. It's deadly. She just isn't the same anymore, and Bella acknowledges this. She is neither Harley or Harleen. She's just a girl, a very heartbroken one.

Edward's piercing words had ended her world. It had punched a hole into her chest and taken away everything that made her the Harley Quinn, everything that brought her life meaning, everything she hoped for in the future. But at least she has the cold comfort of knowing Edward is better off.

Harleen turns her head away from the window and focuses down on her hands.

He had finally rid himself of the ridiculous little human who had been holding him back, and now he can make his way as the glorious angel he is, unencumbered. Without her, he's free and happy.

Thinking such things punches two new wounds into her. The wounds in her chest hurt so badly that she glances down at it, half-expecting to see blood soaking her shirt. But there's nothing. Not a single drop of blood. Her frown deepens.