𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

♡♦♡THIS SHOULD BE AN OCCASIONEVEN FOR YOU♡♦♡

♡♦♡
THIS SHOULD BE AN OCCASION
EVEN FOR YOU
♡♦♡

Being immortals, time is rarely an issue for the Cullen family. It's an insignificant factor of their lives; something that passes as others grow and they remain unchanged, frozen, stranded. But now that Bella Swan and Harleen Quinzel are in their lives, time is an important commodity for all of them. As the two cousins age and grow, they remain trapped as teenagers and young adults.

Tonight, Harleen and them plan to celebrate Bella's eighteenth birthday in the comfort of her home. It's small, intimate. It's what she would like. Only a few other people will be there, as Bella requested. She was however adamant at first that she did not want to celebrate.

Several weeks prior to today, Bella had stated categorically that no effort should be made to mark today. She had forbidden Harley, and especially Alice, from purchasing gifts or making any preparations to celebrate the event. They weren't even allowed to wish her an early happy birthday.

Harleen had, of course, disobeyed all of Bella's rules and demands, as her and her uncle conspired against her and surprised her with gifts and a small cake. Then came Alice. In the parking lot at school, before her and her family left to help Harley prepare for the party, she issued a loud and cheerful birthday greeting to Bella and announced to the whole school that a family party is being held this evening in Bella's honour.

Although Edward hadn't impeded Harley and Alice's plans, he hadn't assisted either, not that they would ever let him or anyone else interfere with their plans.

You would expect a person to be happy on the anniversary day of their birth. But Bella is not pleased in the slightest.

Edward was almost certain she would refuse to go and would hide out in the woods till the next day.

Though, his family are thrilled to commemorate someone's birthday. For them, it is something sacred; it represents the growth and transformation that is no longer part of their existence.

Emmett is actually the last one of them to celebrate a birthday, but that was over sixty years ago. They find it not appropriate to congratulate themselves for not aging by celebrating their vampire birthdays, so they just ignore them.

Harleen had insisted that they make her cousin's birthday party memorable. There are only a handful of birthdays she's ever attended, so she wants today to be perfect.

And, well, Alice loves any excuse to immerse herself in preparations for any event. There was no hope that Bella's birthday would go unnoticed with Alice around. It was wishful thinking on Bella's part.