𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐙𝐨𝐧𝐞

♢♦♢EDWARD CULLEN, YOU ARE THE MOST COWARDLY VAMPIRE I HAVE EVER MET IN MY ENTIRE LIFE♢♦♢

♢♦♢
EDWARD CULLEN, YOU ARE THE MOST COWARDLY VAMPIRE I HAVE EVER MET IN MY ENTIRE LIFE
♢♦♢

The month after the accident practically flew by. After Charlie had cooled down and quit blaming Edward for Bella's 'accident' and Harley's sudden disappearance, things have been comparatively free of danger.. besides the looming danger to Edward and his family. Harleen Frances Quinzel. Yes, they've eventually met eye-to-eye and made amends - you can even say they've become very close friends - but she still blames him for the accident, and rightfully so. She doesn't hate him, but she doesn't quite love him, either. They hold a very strange relationship. No one but them understands it. Still, she accepts him and welcomes him into her circle. That's a big leap for her. It's definitely something she doesn't do often.

Regardless of the arm-length distance she holds for him, he feels quite content. It's progress. Neither of them have talked about what happened at the hospital. They're not ready for that yet. Things are just.. complicated. But sometimes, just sometimes, he catches himself sneaking into hers and Bella's room for the sole purpose of seeing her. What can you say? He finds her fascinating. There are many nights where she is up and awake, and those are the times they stay up and talk for hours about the life she left in New York. Then there are other nights where she had drifted into a deep slumber, and he'd just watch. He no longer visits that room for Isabella, but for Harleen. He doesn't quite know what that means for him and his relationship with his Juliet - again, things are too complicated - but what he does know is that he genuinely enjoys his friend Mercutio's company.

Sometimes he can even see her dreams. She'd occasionally dream of being back home in Gotham, but other times her dreams are revolved around the same man who's grinning face is plastered on her phone's wallpaper. There was no heaven or hell for the Joker. His home went from planet Earth to her memories. He never leaves her thoughts. Ever.

"Don't move your noggin," Harley demands, brushing out the tangled up knots in her cousin's tangled up hair. It's a struggle between her, Bella and the hairbrush.

"Harls, you're ripping the hair out of my scalp!" Bella's screams are heard all throughout the Swan residence as she tightly holds onto a chunk of hair.

"Well, maybe if you'd brush yer hair everyday it wouldn't be this way," she responds, almost finishing up with her hair. "Now, pass me a pin." Stretching her hand, she accepts a bobby pin from her cousin and continues working, pinning it all throughout the brunette's head of hair.

She's playing Bella Barbie with her, poking and touching her in several places with her 'torture devices'. Usually, Bella is really good at getting out of situations like this, but what can you say? She's no match for Harley's puppy dog face. It's a new trick she's recently unleashed on her, learned it from the puppy-dog-face master, Baby Doll, Crazy Jane's child-like alter. God, how she misses that girl. She hopes that she can visit her soon. The second she gets off her parole, she's buying herself a first class ticket to Gotham.