𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐬

♢♦♢I DIDN'T GET THE JOKE♢♦♢

♢♦♢
I DIDN'T GET THE JOKE
♢♦♢

From a small opening in the stage, enters Harley Quinn, only now she is dressed in a black vest and some professional, black pants. Messy clown makeup clings to her face, making her look like a clown that's ready to go back to their desk job. A tiny mic hangs near her mouth area, allowing her to speak to the roaring audience. The crowd immediacy lites up once they see her climbing up onto the deck, right above the tank of water.

"The hell is she doing," Charlie Swan asks himself, nervously rubbing the corners of his lips.

Sitting beside him, Billy Black leans in and responds, "Beats me."

Laughing, Harley removes her vest and twirls around in the stage, tossing it to the audience. "Okay, people. Are ya ready ta do this thing," she enthusiastically asks the audience.

The crowd roars with cheers.

"Well, ya better be ready, 'cause my life kinda freakin' depends on it."

Charlie's face drops. "What? What does she mean by that," he nervously asks. The Chief leans over his friend's son, Jacob, and faces his daughter. "Bella, what the hell does she mean by that?"

Just as confused, Bella shakes her head and shrugs. No idea.

Charlie leans back in his chair, feeling uneasy.

"She could be messin' with us," Billy unsurely says.

"Yeah! Alright. So, when the timer hits zero," Harley points to a large timer behind her, "a tank full of flesh-eating piranhas will fall from above." She begins to work up the room into a frantic mess as she explains her upcoming act. She catches the horror in her friends' and family's face. Her grin widens in size.

Everyone looks up at her as she lets Richard and Samantha, the previous performers, rip off her blouse and dress pants, revealing a sparkling outfit with matching shoes, both made by Queenie, the circus' fashion director. They kneel down and begin to lock up her feet with a heavy chain.

"Now, every lady has to have a pair of handcuffs. Isn't that right, girls," she playfully asks as they go on to lock up her wrists. Manic laughter escapes her lips as she looks onto the crowd of whispers. Her eyes lay on her uncle, who is now standing from his seat.

His plan is to go and stop his niece from performing her dangerous act, but Alice Cullen stops him from doing so. She whispers something to him. He debates with himself, then finally sits back down, still anxious. The only confident person in the group is the shortest of the bunch. She goes to sit back down, but Edward stops her. His lips mouthes, "What the devil is she doing, Alice."

Alice snatches her arm away, while Jasper separates them both, glaring daggers at his brother. His wife sits back in her chair and cups the corners of her mouth, cheering her on. "You go, Harley!"