𝐄 + 𝐇

♡♦♡SHE LOVES HIM NOT FOR THE WAY HE SILENCES HER DEMONS, BUT FOR THE WAY HIS DEMONS DANCE WITH HERS♡♦♡

♡♦♡
SHE LOVES HIM NOT FOR THE WAY HE SILENCES HER DEMONS, BUT FOR THE WAY HIS DEMONS DANCE WITH HERS
♡♦♡

A week has passed since Christmas, and it's a new year for the residences of Forks, Wa. Harley Quinn has somehow managed to have all the animals she borrowed from King Hill adopted. Well, all but one. No matter how much her uncle, Charlie Swan, grumbled and complained about the smell of cats and dogs in his living room, he couldn't help but fall in love with the alpha of the crew, the Australian Shepard. He now lives with them. His name was changed from "Number Seventy-Six" to "Jester." As you can tell, one harlequin picked it out for him.

As for Harley's relationship with Edward Cullen, it's as strong as ever. There is nothing in the world that can compare to the love they have for each other, nothing but another loving relationship in the Quileute Reservation. Jacob Black and Bella Swan have been dating for about a week now, and it's been going well for them.

Life is good.

As Edward Cullen swiftly proceeds through the forest, he notices that the sky is still cloudy enough that he won't catch the attention of any unsuspecting humans until mid-afternoon. He is slightly apprehensive about today's events. His family - all but Rosalie, who has completely cut off Harley for falling in love with her brother - has become more encouraging of his decisions surrounding Bella's criminal cousin, Harley Quinn, but the outcome of their abnormal relationship is still questionable. Alice had assured him one more time before he left home that Harley would be fine, and that she would be close, "just in case." He's cautious. He doesn't want to accidentally hurt her, nor does he want to attract any danger to her, like he did to Bella. The memory of James' sinister face hovering over Bella haunts him to this day. He knows what he wills their fate to be, but he knows he has no control over the outcome of their relationship, not even Alice does. He sighs.

The trees around him are becoming less dense, and he is suddenly outside the Swan residence. He advances to the door, something he has done only a handful of times. He has constantly been scaling the walls and climbing in and out through the window when entering this house. It is relatively quiet. It's divulged of any thoughts. He hears buoyant footsteps coming down the stairs. Tense, he nimbly knocks on the front door and quickly puts his hands behind his back. He listens to someone fumbling around with the dead bolt, but a second later the door flings wide open, sending a wave of Harley's toxic scent towards him. He wasn't expecting it so suddenly. He has to move the ache in his throat to the back of his mind. Today is about Harleen, he reminds himself. He finally gazes at her and notices her posture against the doorframe and the lift of her eyebrows. Her arms are crossed over her chest, a look of question in her face.

"Yer late, Bats," she points out.

He chuckles at her statement. "Well, I'm sorry, ma'am. Excuse me for stopping to get you these," he apologizes and pulls his hands out from behind him to reveal a bouquet of wild flowers. He watches as a smile overpowers her face, her hands gently picking the flowers from his hands.