[36] Staring At Backgrounds

A/N: Tittle of this chapter is a song tittle from Vic's old band; Before Today
Also a small side note, I was so hesitant about posting this, I was going to delete this whole thing.
this chapter is dedicated to the beautiful wattpad user ObeyTheKellic, aka my friend, Kelsey! If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have posted this.

*Still Kellin POV*

I wake up to the door opening "I called Vic and well hes coming over here", Oliver says "Why" I mumble into the pillow

"Why? Because you seem to be really upset and you need him right now, plus school starts in an hour" I groan before getting up. Oliver leaves the room and I get out of bed, I walk down the hallway and Into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I look at myself in the mirror and notice how bloodshot my eyes are.

---

I walk down the stairs slowly all ready for the day. While I was in the bathroom I heard Vic ask Oliver if I was okay, I guess Oli told him a little of what happened. As soon as I reach the bottom of the stairs, Jaime,Vic, Mike and Oliver stand up from their seats on the couch.
"Surprise party? But it's not my birthday" I say jokingly and Vic rushes over to me, he puts my face in his hands.
"Your dad did this?" Vic questions and he traces the bruise with his finger making me flinch.
"Can we say some gang did if anyone asks" I mumble
"You don't have to answer people kells,you're Kellin Quinn" Vic says

"I don't feel like Kellin Quinn" I admit looking down, vic tilts my head back up by putting a finger under my chin.

"But you are, don't forget that, you're Kellin Quinn, the strongest guy I know physically of course" Vic says and I push him playfully "and mentally just this was a tricky subject and it caused you to cry,but that's okay we all have that breaking point. You're you, and I wouldn't change that, even though I kind of am I mean you are getting nicer and you care for some people but that's besides the point, you're Kellin Quinn and I love you" Vic says and I wrap my arms around him.
"I love you too" I mumble into his shirt.
I remove my arms from around him and face everyone else "what happened Kellin?" Mike asks with wide eyes.
"Story time?" I ask and we all sit down like little kids on the couch vic sitting to my left, Mike on my right.
"So I decided to tell my parents I was.. I am, gay because a few days ago my dad said that I don't love, which I guess used to be true but then he said I wouldn't be able to hold a girl friend because I'm a slut...that hurt me..and he's only seen me with two girls and we were just talking or doing homework..so yesterday I went to my house.." I take a deep breath "my dad was watching TV, my mom pointed out on how she hadn't seen me lately" I say slowly.

"Wait kellin, where have you been?" Vic asks concerned

"The only reason she hadn't seen me was because I drove two hours to a small coffee shop and I just had coffee and replayed thanksgiving in my mind, then I drove back and got there later in the afternoon and they weren't home so I locked myself in my room. It was nothing... Well anyways I stepped in front of the TV, my dad told me to move away from it, that's when I told him his words hurt me and that I'm gay...he um...he.." I stop and take a deep breath, I feel Vic's hand on my leg "you don't have to continue, I could tell them" he whispers in my ear and I shake my head.

"He asked me what I was...I repeated myself and told him I was gay...he slapped me,which left this mark on my face..that's what happened... I would've gone to your house" I say looking over at Vic "but I didn't want you to worry and I was too emotional to go far away" I admit and Vic nods understandingly

"Oh my god kellin" Jaime says and I shrug

"I should've known" I say softly
"I'm sure your dad regrets doing what he did" Mike says
"who knows" I mumble